Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner 2006 997 C2S - RSJ Car buying experience

Craig_209

Hi guys,

New 997 C2S owner...sort of, I had a 997 C2S about 5 years ago and just getting back into one - cost me more this time around than I sold my previous one for. Looking forward to getting involved in meets, trips and general forum chat.

I thought I would also post about my buying experience as IMO it seems to be getting harder to find a good 997 example. I had 2 inspected when buying my previous 997 and found one to have bore scoring and one was a cut and shut - dodged some real lemons and the inspections for those cars was worth every penny.

After plenty of looking around I bought my 997 this time through RSJ in Slough and had an excellent experience and I think that making my experience known might help someone else like me who was very apprehensive about buying a used Porsche.

I had my reservations initially especially considering they don't allow you to test drive the car however I did my research on the forums and google reviews and asked other Porsche owners and everyone came back with the same thing, RSJ had an excellent reputation and only provide the best quality cars.

The car was the spec I wanted so I put a deposit down and booked an inspection with Porsche inspections for a bit of added peace of mind.

The inspection was excellent and was very detailed covering a lot of points I hadn't expected, I would highly recommend Bob at Porsche inspections who called me afterward and gave me a full breakdown on the car. He also test drove the car which was particularly important to me as I hadn't.

I then waited the 4 weeks period for RSJ to prep the car which included a full big service, new discs and pads all round, addressing any of the minor points identified in the inspection and full detail.

When I picked the car up - all I can say is WOW, I am very particular about my cars and would back myself when it comes to detailing but their attention to detail was second to none. The car looks and feels like a new car.

Darren at RSJ was great during the whole process and kept me informed stage by stage, I was eager to get the car and the 4 weeks seemed like a lifetime but when I picked up the finished article it was all worth it and I would of happily waited longer to have the car in that condition.

Darren went out of his way to answer my questions and did a couple of additional bits on the car which I requested with no additional charge.

I would not hesitate to buy from RSJ in the future and tbh I don't think I would go anywhere else to buy a used Porsche now as I know what I am getting myself into buying from them. I plan to be back in a couple of years to buy a 997 turbo!

Thanks To Darren and the RSJ team for a great buying experience, I love the car!

Pics to come - when it stops raining!

A friend of mine bought a car from them a couple of years back and said pretty much the same as yourself. A very good buying experience. Hope you enjoy your new purchase. :thumbs:

Hi Craig, and welcome to 911uk. :welcome:

I have copied a link of your post into the Porsche Independent Garage Reviews section.

Congrats on your purchase, please do post up some pics of your new pride and joy, we would love to see them.

A friend around the corner from me bought his there and nothing but praise, he had an issue which was sorted out sharpish.

+1 for recommending RSJ. I bought my C4 GTS from them.
Jon

Craig_209 said:
Hi guys,

New 997 C2S owner...sort of, I had a 997 C2S about 5 years ago and just getting back into one - cost me more this time around than I sold my previous one for. Looking forward to getting involved in meets, trips and general forum chat.

I thought I would also post about my buying experience as IMO it seems to be getting harder to find a good 997 example. I had 2 inspected when buying my previous 997 and found one to have bore scoring and one was a cut and shut - dodged some real lemons and the inspections for those cars was worth every penny.

After plenty of looking around I bought my 997 this time through RSJ in Slough and had an excellent experience and I think that making my experience known might help someone else like me who was very apprehensive about buying a used Porsche.

I had my reservations initially especially considering they don't allow you to test drive the car however I did my research on the forums and google reviews and asked other Porsche owners and everyone came back with the same thing, RSJ had an excellent reputation and only provide the best quality cars.

The car was the spec I wanted so I put a deposit down and booked an inspection with Porsche inspections for a bit of added peace of mind.

The inspection was excellent and was very detailed covering a lot of points I hadn't expected, I would highly recommend Bob at Porsche inspections who called me afterward and gave me a full breakdown on the car. He also test drove the car which was particularly important to me as I hadn't.

I then waited the 4 weeks period for RSJ to prep the car which included a full big service, new discs and pads all round, addressing any of the minor points identified in the inspection and full detail.

When I picked the car up - all I can say is WOW, I am very particular about my cars and would back myself when it comes to detailing but their attention to detail was second to none. The car looks and feels like a new car.

Darren at RSJ was great during the whole process and kept me informed stage by stage, I was eager to get the car and the 4 weeks seemed like a lifetime but when I picked up the finished article it was all worth it and I would of happily waited longer to have the car in that condition.

Darren went out of his way to answer my questions and did a couple of additional bits on the car which I requested with no additional charge.

I would not hesitate to buy from RSJ in the future and tbh I don't think I would go anywhere else to buy a used Porsche now as I know what I am getting myself into buying from them. I plan to be back in a couple of years to buy a 997 turbo!

Thanks To Darren and the RSJ team for a great buying experience, I love the car!

Pics to come - when it stops raining!

Welcome Craig!
What you have written above is almost the exact same experience I had seven years ago. I visited a few other places before calling Joel at RSJ, his whole approach to the 911 buying experience was in a different league to all the others.

I too waited a while to pick my car up while it was prepped by the team at RSJ, my reaction was identical to yours - the car looked, drove and even smelled like brand new. Just exceptional preparation.

Would buy another blind with no hesitation from Joel and Darren.

Enjoy your new steed (if it ever stops raining).

Mike

Welcome, Craig!

Your experience with RSJ is very similar to my own, Joel, Darren and the rest of the team at RSJ are a first-rate experience. I would happily buy or sell a car via RSJ and I have recommended them to many who have also enjoyed the service received.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back