Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

Oh boy bad timing. I would have bought this last year, exactly the spec I wanted.

jonttt said:
Video walk around now on Youtube :bandit:

Who snapped up the plate!

I've had interest in both but not together so decided to sell separately :bandit:

I believe George Eaton put someone on to you regarding buying the car :dont know:

Maybe :?:

I've had plenty of interest and mostly genuine which is great. Early days, its not been advertised for a week yet, rare car with a great spec looking for its next owner :bandit:

The car has gone :sad:

I'll post up more details when I get chance

So the full selling story from my point of view:

- Autotrader worked well, c10 genuine enquiries in a week with only one tyre kicker who's message was simply 'the car is too expensive, what will you take for it" to which I replied 'I would not sell it to you for £1m" to which I got no reply :grin:

As there where no 981 Boxster GTS's for sale in the OPC market (x1 has come up since) I thought it worthwhile doing the rounds to my x3 local dealers. Offers ranged from £43k (great car but it needs this / that :roll: ) to £46k and then without any haggling at all OPC Bolton offered me considerably more. Car unseen, he just went off my autotrader add and offered me a good number, the the point where I would have been stupid to refuse. He simply wanted the car in stock and hoped he could sell it quickly even at a small margin.

So the car was dropped off at OPC Bolton this morning. Easiest car sale I have ever done :thumb:

Prior to letting it go I spent a glorious 2 days in North Wales on a golf trip with it. It carried my golf bag and trolley no problem at all and the weather obliged in spades. What a send off it was.

So its the end of another car owning chapter. I can honestly say the 981 BGTS has probably been the most fun sports car I have ever owned. It's by no means the fastest or most expensive but as a package they are simply awesome.

So the OPC network which is full of unsold 718 stock :roll: has a little gem waiting for its next owner

Hasta La Vista Baby, what a ride :driving:

Bet Wlipert buys it off them for £54k :grin:

I think they will put it up for £55k which is what I paid for it from an OPC 2.5 years ago :bandit:

jonttt said:
I think they will put it up for £55k which is what I paid for it from an OPC 2.5 years ago :bandit:

Bet they already have a buyer :bandit:

I thought that so I asked after the paperwork was completed and he said no. He just thinks the 981 GTS is a sweet spot and it will sell quickly. Nice to see a salesman who knows how the enthusiast thinks.

So glad I owned one for a few years. I would encourage anyone thinking of getting a Porsche and who can make do with two seats to seriously consider a 981 GTS (boxster or Cayman) they are not only seriously good Porsche's but seriously good sports cars full stop. I never had a dull drive in mine, even in traffic just put it in sport mode and manual PDK via the paddles and you can have so much fun playing with the revs......on the open road in full chatter, well its been said so many times, the car just makes one of the best sounds ever, just glorious to drive.

I'm still buzzing about my two days in wales, I don't think its really sunk in yet that the car has gone.......

The plan is to use the 993 a bit now :eek: ...... I fancy a speed yellow wrap.....Sponge :dont know:

Congrats on the sale Jon. Cracking little car that punched above its weight. For Christ's sake, not racing Yellow, he'll be unbearable if you do. :grin: Speed Yellow will rev him up none the less.

Alex said:
Bet Wlipert buys it off them for £54k :grin:

not so sure about that, a great little car im certain and the missus was dead keen but i dont have unlimited funds.

this little episode has done me some good though, i have explored options to upgrade from my own Boxster S and get into a GTS and obtained some cash price, buy it now prices and a price for SOR with a local trader, who sells a lot of prestige stuff.the general consensus is that the 981 Boxster in any guise are holding their value really well and if things pan out as I would hope,then I could be getting pretty much what i paid for mine 12 months and 6 thousand miles ago and it hasn't cost me a penny to date.
I even managed to claim 2 new rear tyres on my tyre and wheel Insurance because they got nails in them and it was picked up on MOT last week. so the car is fully sorted for either me or the next buyer.

So I will keep looking for the right GTS, i have put mine up for sale for 41,500 SOR and whilst it is there I will keep looking around to see what is out there.
If I dont see the GTS with my name on it, then i will keep mine for a while longer but who knows.

In the meantime, if anybody is in the market for a black on black 2015 boxster S with under 9k miles in extremely good condition, 20" wheels, chrono, nav and Bose etc. let me know
:D (shameless plug)

Oh and a big up for Mark Pearce AKA Stirlings, for some very sound free tips on what to buy and what not to buy in the Porsche world - he knows his stuff and he gave me some good advice over the last few days.

All clean and I'm back in love..... for now

Attachments

• 908bef3f_09b1_4999_bbe8_2ffb343f8d14_142.jpeg
    908bef3f_09b1_4999_bbe8_2ffb343f8d14_142.jpeg
    608.7 KB · Views: 3,566

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back