Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recaro Pole Position Bucket seat install

Jamesx19 said:
Damnit - Your BBi runners look a work of art. Loads of adjustment on the seat height as well. Will be interested to see how you get on with the seatbelt receiver location. Still not convinced where to fit mine.

Getting there:

80e77e0b5ba9f6fc990da52c292c13b5d5baa8e0.jpg

Many thanks for the comments. - A work in progress, with notes taken of the suggestions......

Dammit - Nice bit of CAD there. Going with the newer bracket then. Good idea.

Holy Thread resurection!

I'm about to fit Pole Positions to my 996.

Is there any reason you wouldnt use the Recaro Side mounts and sliders?

Do they sit too high?

Cheers

I know it's an old thread but @Jamesx19: i would dye the seats green and embrace the colour. Tartan or tweed cushions both great. could also look for a green pepita or houndstooth

Think it looks cool, and it's to strong to fight. If you fight it, it will look worse. Embrace it.

I vote for green alcantara steering wheel btw.

98C4S said:
Holy Thread resurection!

I'm about to fit Pole Positions to my 996.

Is there any reason you wouldnt use the Recaro Side mounts and sliders?

Do they sit too high?

Cheers

You can use these, but you need a base plate to bolt them too then, they are not a direct fit into the car. If you look at the seat mounts with the covers off, the front one is placed at a 45deg angle to the base of the runner.

The pic of Dammit's BBI base shows there base and i believe they use the Recaro slider.

I fitted Pole Positions in my car, and they have been in all 3 of my 996's. I made my own side mounts that bolt to the OE runners. My seat sits low, and can go lower, but i offset the seat rearwards so that it misses the Std locking gear on the runners. The only issue you would have with this setup, is if you want to use the rear seats lots.

I'm currently looking at exactly the same thing to get my SPG XL's into the 996

I already have Recaro runners and side mounts i could use, so i have two options

Buy seat belt anchor brackets plus seat base brackets and use them

or

Buy something like the design911 heavy duty side mounts that fit the Porsche runners directly and incorporate a seat belt anchor - trouble with this is i've no idea what their bolt spacing is for the bucket seat side mounting and they provide no data....

Thanks for the writeup, I am really longing for one of those seats, but it does look like a right ordeal to get them in there right.

Evening

Apologies I would have replied sooner but only just noticed the thread is back!

As you have all identified, it's not a simple bolt in job. My first option was to use all the Recaro runners and side mounts that came with the seats. (Out of an Audi TT) These mounted up, but way to high. Higher than the standard sports seats.

I then used the original 996 runners and bolted the Design 911 ( with slight modification) mounts to them. But, - the seat will not fit properly because the side mounts are not high enough to reach the seat holes, or put another way, the bottom of the seats foul on the runners before you can line up the side mounts with the seat holes properly.

Pye21's solution of making bespoke side mounts is definitely the way to go if you can. I made spacers out of aluminium alloy and bolted it all together with 12.9 grade bolts, but it was a right old palaver!

Hope this helps.

By the way, the seats are still black and no other colours or tartans tried yet. Still thinking
:?:

Another nephrite green owner so I'm bias and I love it! Need to get a set of Recaros next aswell perfect seat for 996!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back