Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HiFi in your car

vlad

Sao Paulo
Hi, do you bother ?

I have a modern Porsche but my other P&J is 1970 Fiat - I'd like to be able to stream music from my phone via Bluetooth etc. maybe even have hands free to be able to use the telephone.

I have seen companies (classiccarstereo, retrosounds) that make retro looking units which have all the modern functions including DAB.

Others (tadpoleradios) that do conversions to the original 1970's units to put modern gubbin's in them.

Have you tried either option?

Or perhaps you just wind down the windows and listen to the sound of the engine, I must admit it might be a struggle to hear a stereo in a 1970's car above the wind noise and tyre roar anyway!

Not sure if this'll help but I had a really good chat a while ago with the chap who runs this website:https://www.chromelondon.com (no affiliation).

He seemed to genuinely be interested and passionate. For the time being I am more than happy with the Porsche Classic Radio I've got in my 993...but would get this chap on the case with an OEM unit if that gave up the ghost.

Thanks pierrebear, good call yes they have come up on my searches , I shall definately be giving them a call. I'll let you know how I get on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back