Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 PDK Sport Design Steering Wheel Advice

what modual should i have in my car for this to work I have 2009 c4s and have 997.613.289.00 been told i need 997.613.289.01 should my car all ready have the later

Phil 997 said:
love154 said:
thanks phil 997 not been on facebook but thanks for the reply on there. how much should it cost at the opc I have one up the road from me. my indi said he could do it and needs to run a new wire for the horn to work?

The OPC should be about an hours labour maybe 90mins max. dont take it to the Indi thats not the right solution , its a cheat fix but you really shouldn't need to do that . :thumb: :thumb:

The OPC's might not all know what to do, Silverstone got very confused by my request but we got there in the end (with my confidence higher than theirs thanks to Phil)

love154 said:
what modual should i have in my car for this to work I have 2009 c4s and have 997.613.289.00 been told i need 997.613.289.01 should my car all ready have the later
BUMP

love154 said:
love154 said:
BUMP

Sorry missed the early ask , yes pretty sure you need 997.613.289.01 especially if yours is PDK but suggest you try the wheel first ensure they turn on the multifunction option then if either the horn doesn't work of the paddles dont shift correctly then you need the newer steering control module . As Porsche now accept parts back into stock from OPCs I suggest you get it to your OPC but dont fit it unless they need it , that way if you dont need it you save £140 as they can send it back. Also remember the techs at the OPC will think they know best and won't turn on the MF if the cars not fitted with it so you will need to insist they fully understand the instruction :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
love154 said:
love154 said:
BUMP

Sorry missed the early ask , yes pretty sure you need 997.613.289.01 especially if yours is PDK but suggest you try the wheel first ensure they turn on the multifunction option then if either the horn doesn't work of the paddles dont shift correctly then you need the newer steering control module . As Porsche now accept parts back into stock from OPCs I suggest you get it to your OPC but dont fit it unless they need it , that way if you dont need it you save £140 as they can send it back. Also remember the techs at the OPC will think they know best and won't turn on the MF if the cars not fitted with it so you will need to insist they fully understand the instruction :thumb: :thumb:

Hi Phil thanks for the reply went there the other day and been quoted 270 plus vat for the modual. Also have the technical instruction from opc

HI Phil took the car opc and they could not programe it. I said it might need the updated modual they said it the same part as 997.613.289.00 so wont make a difference but i no that opc are not always correct. they said they would change the modual and code for 550 but they dont think it will be any different

Thanks for the help car still at opc wating to give them the green light

Thanks

Grant

Phil 997 said:
I think I have replied to your facebook Porsche group question . and hopefully you will see that it needs A/ the multi function option turned on even if it has no MF and B/ a bit of reprogramming with a PIWIS at the OPC make sure its a PIWIS as a durametric from an indy won't be able to do whats needed. I had a similar issue the horn or the gear rocker would work but not both lol , but its a quite easy fix and unless its something I haven't seen before its not a major issue to sort out.

Hi Phil, I sent you a PM on this.

Do you mean that if the car came with the standard PDK steering wheel (no multi function) and after installing the sport design wheel to turn on the multifunction option via PIWIS regardless?

Really hoping to get some info on this as my garage can't seem to figure it out. They have a PIWIS and when the new wheel is installed, the Front horn screen on it says Not Available/Activated (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact words).

Blimey I missed this thread hope Love154 got sorted ok in the end . the OPC are wrong the two part numbers of the steering control module are not the same . but wouldn't expect the OPC to know as it wont be in their book to follow instruction on and if its not in their book they have no idea .

anyway Darren , yes got your PM and hopefully answered it and yes turn on the multifunction option even though you have no multifunction and your horn should work fine , I did add a few other suggestions in the PM but that should sort it for you .let me know how you get on . :thumb:

I've got this problem too but think i've sussed it out now.

On an early manual 997.2, which comes with a Gen 1 wheel, we turned multi-function on to get the horn working - but - when i pull the key out, the horn blips!

I think i need a later control module to prevent it, as early 997.2 with 997.1 steering wheel has the Gen 1 steering column module. Very frustrating!

Did you have that problem in your 997.2 manual Phil?

I did need the new control module when doing my gen2 wheel on a gen1 but on my gen2 as its an 09 I swapped the normal gen2 wheel for a sports gen2 alcantara wheel and it was just a straight swap. but yes makes sense that an early gen2 with the old gen1 type wheel would have the older steering control. module and if turning on multifunction doesn't sort it then changing the steering control module to the one part number further up this thread should sort it. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I did need the new control module when doing my gen2 wheel on a gen1 but on my gen2 as its an 09 I swapped the normal gen2 wheel for a sports gen2 alcantara wheel and it was just a straight swap. but yes makes sense that an early gen2 with the old gen1 type wheel would have the older steering control. module and if turning on multifunction doesn't sort it then changing the steering control module to the one part number further up this thread should sort it. :thumb: :thumb:

Ah ok, so you already had the right airbag for that wheel too. I got the same, alcantara sport design with a leather airbag. Was going all well till the ignition was off and the key was removed hahaha! So annoying!
Cheers for reply!

I had a Sport Design wheel retrofitted by the OPC to my 2009 C4S PDK and lights work fine; obviously car needs to have sports Chrono for lights to function. At the time of fitting I do recall some discussion of there being a a possible requirement to replace a control unit in the steering column. I was never charged for anything other than the wheel itself so this may be a red herring.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back