Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Transmission rattle? Now with added blue smoke!

deMort said:
It's very difficult to say atm so anything i do say is a guess at best .

The noise .. the whine that is feels .. well .. not good to me .. it doesn't feel like an idler bearing type noise ..

Im the back of my mind is something like a dry crankshaft bearing , camshaft bearing sort of noise ... something seizing basically .

As i said i'm just guessing , without having the car in front of me it's all i Can say.

Over all though .. i wouldn't like the car to be started again just to be on the safe side.

Hopefully i'm wrong and it is a couple of separate issues .. but i'd rather be wrong than something lets go on the way to the garage or you keep driving it .

I have no problem being wrong .. if its separate items then excellent news , i will always advise on the side of caution though .. beter a recovery charge than an engine imho :)

looking good so far :thumb:

No problem at all DeMort. Your input was very welcome. :thumb:

The car is now thankfully sorted. The AOS has been changed, which was the cause of the smoke and whining noise.

The rattle has settled and not as pronounced. Its been put down to gear box chatter thats nothing to worry about. Possibly monitor, but they don't have any concerns.

So a good result!! I can spend my money on more fun bits now!

:yahoo:

Haha yes it is! And thanks.

A rebuild was never on the cards IMHO.

Did they check your bank 1 solenoid?

Possibly Alex - I had too many people from here, indies, Hartech etc concerned, which got me spooked enough to at least prepare for the worst.

Im not sure if they did check the solenoid. But the smoke etc has all stopped now the AOS has been changed.

Great to read that your issue was not as bad as you may have thought.

I have zero experience with modern Porsches, though if the AOS caused a slower than usual AND lumpy idle, then I would have no surprises that the gearbox would chatter to some degree... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back