Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo - spoiler lift delete

jboy

Hi all - I am looking at a car shortly which had this "kit" installed at the last service.

Does this mean that the rams failed to work and the owner didnt want the expense of replacing them or am I being cynical?

I have googled and searched this forum but I cannot find any reference to an official "spoiler lft delete".

Presumably the spoiler lifts for a reason - I am not going to track the car but I might occasionally travel at 100 mph in Germany. Would the car not be aerodynamically challenged without the spoiler lifting?

Many thanks.

Take it the wing is fixed in the down position then?

I am looking to make a leggy Boxster a bit more track focused and the yanks in the BSR series lock the wing up and remove the mechanism to save weight.

I'm thinking of doing the same until I source a factory static wing.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Take it the wing is fixed in the down position then?

I am looking to make a leggy Boxster a bit more track focused and the yanks in the BSR series lock the wing up and remove the mechanism to save weight.

I'm thinking of doing the same until I spruce a factory static wing.

Yes - in the down position.....

Good threads above T8. It is annoying - I am not unused to the odd bill. I had to pay £1500 to replace the electronic parking brake on an X5 recently. Arguably, if the "fix" was done by a reputable Porsche dealer - which I believe it was - I am kind of stuck with it. Or not. Not sure haggling is an option - at least not for that....

That's annoying I'd look to lock it up or take the hit in that case.

The non racy wings don't technically add DF, just reduce lift, I'd want that working as Porsche didn't just put them on the cars for the laughs.

jboy said:
Arguably, if the "fix" was done by a reputable Porsche dealer - which I believe it was - I am kind of stuck with it. Or not. Not sure haggling is an option - at least not for that....

If the spoiler is down and doesn't work it hasn't been fixed. It just means that someone has stopped the fault indicator from displaying.

When the spoiler isn't working the fault display shows all the time and cannot be cancelled by the driver making driving the car particularly annoying.

If the rest of the car is sound, aside from any other price haggle I'd expect at least £1k contribution to the spoiler being fixed properly.

I believe the spoiler is "fixed" in the up position, possibly adjustable.

The photos of the car on the website dont show this, but they may be from a previous occasion when the car was sold by the same garage.

Everything else is stacking up and the dealer has been extremely accomodating and responsivbe so far. I will be going down at some point this week and will report back!

The spoiler mech on mine failed a few years ago. Was repaired (£100) by my local Indy. (Rams out, cleaned, re-filled with correct fluid).

Worked a treat for 6 months then failed again, this time the wiring loom and microswitches seem to be at fault.

For now i have unplugged the connector on the right-side of the ram, then plugged it back in at a 45 degree angle (so part plugged in, part not).

Spoiler doesn't deploy, and also doesn't throw an error on the dash.

At some point (when i use it in Germany/Europe) I will get the microswitches / loom sorted. For now (for UK use) it's not a major concern.

I still find it ironic that the 'Aero' kit for the 996T cost nearly £4 grand - and just removed the expensive spoiler mech with a fixed wing and front lip. I'd have thought Porsche would have given new buyers money off *not* to fit the expensive mech lol rather than charged extra not to fit it :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back