Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GTS or 992

spooky

This would be a first 911 and I'm toying with the idea of a 992 specced out to about £110-112K OR a 991.2 GTS about a year or so old with under 10K miles and a similar spec.

I'm thinking that the GTS is better value and might also depreciate less. Neither would be sat in a garage though.

What are your general thoughts on this? I've seen and sat in the 991 but not driven it yet - I'll be doing that in a couple of days if the weather's ok - but the GTS seems a better bet and probably just as much fun?

Welcome to 911uk

🆚 991.1 GT3 :grin: :dont know: 💥

:welcome: to 911uk

You're in an enviable position and may feel clearer when you've driven both cars. It's a fact of life that you'll lose a lot more money on a new mainstream car than a year old one but many are swayed to new cars by other factors.

spongebob squarepants said:
Welcome to 911uk

🆚 991.1 GT3 :grin: :dont know: 💥

Funny you should say that but there is a GT3 where I live for £95K...

T8 said:
:welcome: to 911uk

You're in an enviable position and may feel clearer when you've driven both cars. It's a fact of life that you'll lose a lot more money on a new mainstream car than a year old one but many are swayed to new cars by other factors.

Thanks.

It will be tricky to drive the GTS I've found due to location. I've had extensive discussion and a couple of videos with more to come and the OPC chap has been very helpful - I'd be confident about the car, although I'll want to see how many launches it's had as it was a Porsche-owned car, so I'd guess either press or experience days. I've asked them to check exactly what the background was, but the age, mileage and specification are all what I'm looking for.

It's tempting to go with the latest new shiny car and the reviews it's getting are great (and I'll be able to drive it shortly and see for myself), but a GTS for £20K less and probably less depreciation is feeling like it might be a good move.

I'd go 991.2 GTS...much sportier drive. I also prefer the 991,2's cabin....think some of the materials in the 992 cabin are of questionable quality for a Porsche and the instrument binnacle drives me mad!

Cheib said:
I'd go 991.2 GTS...much sportier drive. I also prefer the 991,2's cabin....think some of the materials in the 992 cabin are of questionable quality for a Porsche and the instrument binnacle drives me mad!

That's exactly what I did (I know, I should have updated it). It's been across Europe, down the Autobahn at 280 kph (my girlfriend wasn't keen as I was on hitting 300) and been tracked at Brands Hatch.

I'm happy that I made the right choice.

spooky said:
Cheib said:

That's exactly what I did (I know, I should have updated it). It's been across Europe, down the Autobahn at 280 kph (my girlfriend wasn't keen as I was on hitting 300) and been tracked at Brands Hatch.

I'm happy that I made the right choice.

Hadn't realised how old this thread was !

I get your predicament and its a good decision to have. I've had 2 991.2 GTS and think currently its a better option than the 992. Tech aside, the sound and performance of the GTS IMHO is a better balance of modern and old porsche then the 992. Each to their own but the 991.2 GTS will not disappoint. If its a pre GPF 991.2 or rather a GTS that was made pre 992 release, all the torque is available from 2,150 rpm rather than the 2,300 rpm.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back