Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

*996 & 997 Tiptronic - QUAIFE LSD Dev.- 30 Names Require

ok51mon

Im in the process of moving these two platforms of cars forward for everyone to benefit.

I have been in talks with Quaife about dveloping a LSD for the 996 & 997 Tiptronic platforms to benefit those with RWD and AWD.

The only reason the LSD has not been developed by this company is because they have said there is not enough demand .

I would need 30 unique names along with the financial ability to commit 50% of the purchase LSD price (£500 GBP) for them to develop an LSD.

This thread will be posted on the following sites;

911uk
Rennlist
6speed Online

On 996 ,997,996TT and 997TT sub categories

Consequently, please only write your name ONCE in the single thread you choose otherwise its becomes to complicated to count up the numbers.

Please copy and paste your list along with your number when you post.

Remember, you must be in the financial position to commit to this when Quiffe come knocking so please bare this in mind before posting otherwise it delays the whole process for everyone.

1. Simon R

hi Simon

just wanted a little more info......

what will be the advantage of a Quaife diff be over the Wavetrac one?

so the full cost is £500? or is that the 50% deposit?

thanks, laurence.

Hi Simon,
Do you know whether this LSD will be suitable for all of the A96/xx Tiptronic boxes or just the normally aspirated ones? Particularly interested in A96/50 i.e Turbo S application. For AWD, any chance Quaife can offer something for the front diff too?
Cheers
Gary

Biovox said:
Hi Simon,
Do you know whether this LSD will be suitable for all of the A96/xx Tiptronic boxes or just the normally aspirated ones? Particularly interested in A96/50 i.e Turbo S application. For AWD, any chance Quaife can offer something for the front diff too?
Cheers
Gary

Best cure for the front diff is to take it out and go RWD :D

911tom said:
Biovox said:
Hi Simon,
Cheers
Gary

Best cure for the front diff is to take it out and go RWD :D

It would be great to be able to run 800hp+ AWD, but I am not aware of any solutions to this.

MC

Im in the process of moving these two platforms of cars forward for everyone to benefit. 

I have been in talks with Quaife about dveloping a LSD for the 996 & 997 Tiptronic platforms to benefit those with RWD and AWD. 

The only reason the LSD has not been developed by this company is because they have said there is not enough demand . 

I would need 30 unique names along with the financial ability to commit 50% of the purchase LSD price (£500 GBP) for them to develop an LSD. 

This thread will be posted on the following sites; 

911uk 
Rennlist 
6speed Online 

On 996 ,997,996TT and 997TT sub categories 

Consequently, please only write your name ONCE in the single thread you choose otherwise its becomes to complicated to count up the numbers. 

Please copy and paste your list along with your number when you post. 

Remember, you must be in the financial position to commit to this when Quiffe come knocking so please bare this in mind before posting otherwise it delays the whole process for everyone. 

1. Simon R
2. Tareq (997.1 Turbo, A97.50)

Note: Would be beneficial for everyone if Quaife could share some information on these new LSDs and what exactly we would be receiving. I tried looking for your thread on 6speed and couldn't find it, 6speed has a large following and I'm sure we can reach the 30 demand easily if you post on there and rennlist.

These are all extremely valid questions and will be communicated and laboured once we have the name count.

Being in the financial position to commit £500 basically means " will you have the money in the bank if the LSD suits your mechanical needs?". This is not an actual financial agreement to commit this money when putting down your name.

I am speaking with the site owner on 6speed about having thethread put back up as he doesn't allow member to do groups buys because of the money handling aspect- he spoke of some horror stories. To be clear, I won't be handling any money. This will be Quaife's job.

I am just the guy that gets the names. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here is the 993/964 Tiptronic LSD developed that came about as a result of the demand for one;

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/porsche-tiptronic-994-964-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential

Rossi911 said:

Hi Rossi,

There are no replacement/reinforced/LSD for the tiptronic transaxle 996/997. However for the manual gearbox there are plenty like the example you posted above.

So if Quaife are able to actually make this for the tiptroncis they will be the first.

Thanks for sharing

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back