Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Central operations

jr24

Hello!

I've just got a new to me 991.1

2 owners before me. Only 12000 miles on the clock though

In the service book it has 3 stamps

Vehicle delivery is stamped central operations Porsche centre reading

SAles check is stamped central operations Porsche centre reading

1st service was bang on time at 7000 miles, and is stamped Porsche centre reading (ie the central operations bit is not listed)

Anyone know what the central operations bit means?

Have you Googled the registration and checked the Press cars?

Yeah, googling the reg only comes up with the advert from when I bought it.

It's a 65 plate 991.1 in agate grey with half red interior.

Can't find any of the press cars from online reviews of cars that age in that colour combo

So I guess maybe the first owner was a Porsche management person

I'd be surprised if it was personally. More PEC cars than anything else I expect and that's another possibility.

Do you mean "all & sundry journo's" have thrashed the arse off the car before it went through an OPC to an unsuspecting member of the public?

Yes I guess it's possible lots of journos have thrashed it about

Got a 2 year warranty so just need to make sure I change for a better 911 before expiry!

jr24 said:
Yes I guess it's possible lots of journos have thrashed it about

Many years ago when I worked for Vauxhall, I bought an ex fleet Monza for dad. Turned out to have been a demo car and he spotted it in a caravan club road test.

He was delighted to point out that he knew his car could tow his caravan at 100 mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back