Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2 RS Rep suspension settings

drewg

I've bought a 993 c2 RS Rep fitted with H & R Adjustable suspension. Previous owner has car set up way to low so front tyres catching wheel arches when turning. The car is fitted with 18 inch Tramont Cup2 wheels i.e. factory approved RS Type 3 piece split rims. I'm in Gloucestershire and looking for recommendations on ride height to have adjusted and any recommendations on who can do this? Building a new house which has quite a steep drive so looking at the Sport spec of 144 front and 127 rear (recon it may have been set around 124 front and 107 rear being the RS spec).
:eek:

Attachments

• image_thumb_3_209.png
    image_thumb_3_209.png
    757.1 KB · Views: 3,009
I thought that car sat perfect.. of course no good if wheels rubbing! Can you take to Porsche Centre Bristol ? Im sure they can raise it and geo etc,

My 993 is at RS ride height and its perfect

Lovely looking car :thumb:

That doesn't look especially low to me (just right in fact!) but to have it set up exactly as required, you can't do better than taking it to Center Gravity.

http://www.centregravity.co.uk/

By eye it does look a bit low at the front and perhaps a bit too much neg.
No problems with mine on 18" Speedlines @ RS ride height.
Again set up by CoG

Attachments

• tastes_like_butter_145.jpg
    tastes_like_butter_145.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2,956
Looks hard as f at that height, shame its rubbing. I would go CG but you will need to wait, I have just booked for October as I can only do a Saturday appointment. They are busy for good reason I guess.

Another thing that is really useful is the Front Protection Bar (FPB) that Gert Carnewal sells. Fits onto stock mounting points and helps stop the front grounding out on the PU, as generally will ground out the nice metal bar first (protecting you paint and PU). Hopefully would work same with the lower front splitter.

You can just about see it on the pic below (from Gert's site)

993_fpb.jpg

This is my GT2 rep at a similar ride height. I've been all over Europe in it, including many Alpine passes, without ever encountering clearance problems.

I built my own arch liners to ensure no rubbing after I lost the front ones on the autobahn after 25 minutes of continuous running north of 250KPH proved too much for the fixings to take :floor:

Attachments

• img_1398_large_942.png
    img_1398_large_942.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,850
NXI20 said:
This is my GT2 rep at a similar ride height. I've been all over Europe in it, including many Alpine passes, without ever encountering clearance problems.

I built my own arch liners to ensure no rubbing after I lost the front ones on the autobahn after 25 minutes of continuous running north of 250KPH proved too much for the fixings to take :floor:

BEAST :worship: :worship: :worship:

The RS front spoilers have a rubbing strip (listed as a spoiler) which serves the same purpose as Gert's bar almost and is reinforced rubber.
Clubsport version is 993 505 537 00 plus strip 993 505 547 00
Normal one is in 3 pieces is crazy expensive, easily ripped off by high kerbs and over enthusiastic speed bumps.

Endoman said:
By eye it does look a bit low at the front and perhaps a bit too much neg.
No problems with mine on 18" Speedlines @ RS ride height.
Again set up by CoG

:hand: Looking at your gorgeous car I can see daylight between the tops of the tyres and the wheel arches so this would indicate mine is lower than RS height which is 124mm front and 107mm at rear. I'm thinking I should opt for sport / turbo setting at 144 front and 127 rear (potential issues getting down driveway of my new house).
Cheers

Attachments

• image_thumb2_287.png
    image_thumb2_287.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,735
  • image_thumb2_2_155.png
    image_thumb2_2_155.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 2,735
So you're the new owner?, we discussed this car coming up for auction recently, nice motor, cracking colour.

Yes be careful going too low i.e. RS ride height and lower or you may encounter some serious bump steer issues if you don't have the RS hubs etc.

Certainly think you can afford to raise it up a little without impacting visual too much, welcome to the club.

Trev

NXI20 said:

Off topic, any more details on this as I may need to do something similar.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back