Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another Brake Pads thread (997.1 Turbo)

alastairb

Sorry, yet another thread - It seems the stock carried by the usual suspects doesn't match to older threads apart from the Pagids.

New pads required up front on Gen 1 Turbo.

Design911 list Pagid in these flavours :

PAGID RS4-4 Orange Brake Pads (Was £309.26 Now £278.33 )
PAGID RS-14 Black Brake Pads (Was £336.76 Now £303.08 )
PAGID RS-19 Yellow Brake Pads (Was £391.77 Now £352.59 )
PAGID RS-29 Yellow Brake Pads (Was £372.18 Now £334.96 )
PAGID RS5 Blue Brake Pads (Was £302.74 Now £272.47 )

Also Brembo Sports : £221

ECP are stocking TRW - Any good ? Don't seem expensive enough :)wall: )

Are the Pagids worth the extra outlay ? And are the RS-29 worth a £100 over Brembo sports ?

Do all Pagids have the sensor cut-out ?

Weekened spirited driving only to be honest, wont be going near a track.
But an improvement on initial bite would be good. (Sebro disks going on with the pads).

And finally, is it x6 of the 28mm vibration damper per caliper, so x12 in total ?

Soooo many questions!
thanks in advance.
Al

Following, as my car will also need new discs and pads shortly. Any thoughts on EBC Red Stuff? :dont know:

Only reason I didnt list EBC is due to the bad rep across the internet.
By bad rep - I've read a lot of comments about the pad crumbling away from the backing plate ?

I personally stick with original pads and discs and the only upgrade on the turbo has been HEL braided lines and a high performance fluid.

Never have issues even on track.

GT3 had Alcons and RS29's which were amazing on track but never really got or stayed in the temperature range on the road. She'd load of dust too.

If you can get them, Ferodo DS2500 pads are excellent both cold and when stressed...

alastairb said:
What's the dust like on the DS pads?

I had them on another car and the dust was huge, not sure if they are still like that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back