Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yatesy's Beer Can Boffin Bodge

this

James M-S
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:18 am Post subject:

Top Bodge

I'm with Phil, a beer from the fatherland would have more appropriate though.

Did the same, but with Coke cans on an AMC Javelin (Mustang copy) V8, two jubilee clips, gum gum and job done! To be fair it was a bodge, but, it got my uncle (the owner) out of a spot and lasted ages. Isn't this the essence of, to quote Clarkson, an Englishman in his shed who turns out great engineering ect. Trevor Wilkinson for example!

:hand:

My Dad is currently 'relaxing' in the South of France. Last week his back box dropped of his car (2006 Saab 9-3 1.9TDI). He went to the local exhaust outfit who told him they weren't able to get a replacement box as the car was too old so he asked my advice.

Knowing he likes his Heinz baked beans and always takes plenty of tins down with him, I asked him if he had any empties. He did, so I said - cut the top and bottom off with the tin opener, cut down the length with a hacksaw (to enable the diameter to be reduced), then cut an inch or so down one end in 2 places 90 deg to each other (so 'flaps' can then be bent out), get yourself down the hardware shop for some self tappers and a tube of bathroom sealant and get to work.

He's managed to make a sleeve that's bolted inside the original pipe and the flaps on the end to his back box. Stripped it down, covered everything in sealant and then screwed back together and refit on the car. He's had it on a week now and says it works a treat, although he thinks he may need a new box fitting before the MOT is due next month :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back