Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension parts help and advice

Found a picture of what it looks like the one on the right. Must be one side like this for some reason.

Attachments

• dollar_57_1_271.jpeg
    dollar_57_1_271.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,544
I think it's the insert from the knuckle that's stuck to the ball joint...

Thanks. Did the otherside tonight and it was the same scenario.

Must be well served on. How would you get them off if I need to change the outer tie rods?

Ok .. that's a bit of a problem .. that's the hub insert .. it's not supposed to come out .

For me at work then it's a new hub .. i think you need to talk to MC as i understand he has refitted these .

Oh dear that's not good news. Maybe I should have used a ball joint splitter rather than bashing them out. But if they're loose they're loose. Will contact MC and see what he can advise. It's all bolted up back together tight enough so hopefully they will be ok till I have to change the track rod ends.

Contacted MC and he put my mind at ease and told me to refit with some thread locker.

As mentioned, this isn't something I have done myself. People like DeMort and Baz on here have years of experience of working on 100s of cars and see all sorts of things. I have owned 3 996s and only work on those (One I haven't seen for two years). Always happy to give my opinion but can't hold a candle to the guys who do this day-in, day-out, rather than an hour a day before breakfast.

MC

Sorry should have been clear this was just a suggestion from MC who gave me some good advice.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back