Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Design 911 Ducktail and C4S problem or opportunity?

Paza3

Hi Guys,

I have a 997.2 C4S and my rear reflector has a big crack in the middle and a stack of condensation. I spoke to Porsche and they want a £860 after haggling which is unbelievable for a rear reflector!! well its actually criminal lol, they seem like hens teeth on the second hand market. I was thinking worse case this would be a few hundred, and even more gutted when he first said £86.56 but thats was the rear brake light!!!

So am faced with almost a £1000 repair bill for a rear 4s reflector or ... option 2 I go for a design 911 rear ducktail? Am a big fan of the ducktail, however am just a little concerned on the quality of the item, when I zoomed in the gap between the bumper and spoiler does not look "that" even could just be the light? about 4 years ago I got a non-oem rear aero spoiler and that was not a great fit between the bumper gap and engine lid so concerned this is the same issue, which was hugely annoying.

Has anyone got a design911 rear ducktail spoiler, what is the quality like? is the gap even? I tempted to go for it if the quality is good. As it seems to dip on the edges and bow a little in the middle.

As am planning to get some Fuchs alloys and go for retro vibe, black rear guards etc

Any advice much appreciated.

Kind regards

Patrick

pic that looks a bit :/

Attachments

• screen_shot_2019_06_01_at_151145_746.png
    screen_shot_2019_06_01_at_151145_746.png
    581.6 KB · Views: 1,447
Try this...

My ownership thread - ducktail and Fuchs just like you are after.

The fit seems fine to me. But I did have to have it painted twice and reinforced - I cracked the paint across the back first time I closed the deck lid.
There was too much flex in it. Been fine since but just a word of caution.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=87976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Not wanting to hijack this thread.
However, if you had a Porsche Warranty your rear lights with condensation would have been covered.
Warranties are very expensive.. I deliberated over paying out, however my tai lights were covered as well as a condenser rad. More than paid for the warranty cost

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back