Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Herman Yellow 991-Modifications thread

Well, nearly 8 months in! I think officially longest ever kept 911 and I'm planning mods not selling!!

Sat by the Indian Ocean somewhere in Africa and only 1 day of "work" left .... before returning to Blighty #Bosh

Wow 8 months has really flown by!

Give it a few months and you'll have to sell before the mileage gets too high. Imagine a Porsche with over 25k miles? Near impossible to sell. :D

benbuhagiar said:

Given it a few months and you'll have to sell before the mileage gets too high. Imagine a Porsche with over 25k miles? Near impossible to sell. :D

Dangerously close to the 25k milestone, I may need to trailer Herman about over the summer :nooo:

Are you sure you still have it? No one has seen HY since Xmas :dont know:

kan300 said:
Are you sure you still have it? No one has seen HY since Xmas :dont know:

He's been hibernating next to a warm radiator :thumb:

Hang on old bean - didn't you say that you were going to get Michelins with the new wheels? :dont know:

I know a PZero tread pattern when i see one .... :grin: Come on - fess up ....

Mad Mark911 said:
Hang on old bean - didn't you say that you were going to get Michelins with the new wheels? :dont know:

I know a PZero tread pattern when i see one .... :grin: Come on - fess up ....

Yes and it's on the cards, but I may still get the OPC warranty, in which case there are only the dreaded P zeros which are N rated. :dont know:

It might be worth checking with your OPC Sponge because I believe there are now N rated Michelins available. I'm pretty sure they were an option when I took out the warranty last year.

Cameo said:
It might be worth checking with your OPC Sponge because I believe there are now N rated Michelins available. I'm pretty sure they were an option when I took out the warranty last year.

Yep but widebody only :nooo: with the wider 305 rears, or the Sport Technos on the 2S

:thumb:
I didn't realise tyre widths were different between the body widths.

benbuhagiar said:

Give it a few months and you'll have to sell before the mileage gets too high. Imagine a Porsche with over 25k miles? Near impossible to sell. :D

Ok with 25,500 on the clock 🤫 over a year in, and following a brief crazy flirtation with a 991 turbo it's back to business on my beloved Herman.

He's semi laid up for winter next to the radiator, but there's now some incoming interior mods to work on :thumb:

First up the yellow seatbelts arrived today. So clunk click every trip and make sure they is yellow :worship:

free uploading photo

Next up, the steering wheel, ordered and incoming within the next ten days :worship:

For a change I've gone yellow stitching with a yellow band :grin:

Home in 8 days, so spanner's out then and next up more Alcantara and start on the carbon me thinks :worship: :worship:

Looks like there could be a carbon standoff between you and Jonttt.

FZP said:
Looks like there could be a carbon standoff between you and Jonttt.

:pistols:

Love the steering wheel these mods will make your car even more special, look forward to seeing it in the daylight next time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back