Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman R incoming

DerbyJim said:
917k said:
It's got two options I've not seen before. Neither would make a difference to buying or not. but they seem pretty rare options

Mirror mounting triangles in body colour and interior rear plastics in body colour too

Lovely car :thumb:

What are the mirror triangles you mention? Not heard of those.

Love the body coloured bits too!!

The mirrors are mounted on black plastic triangular plates, but on this car they are painted Peridot

Not seen it on any car previously

Boxsey said:
Well done mate, enjoy....I know you will! :D

p.s. I have now lost count of how many 964 owners have switched to or added a CR. Just goes to show how good they are. :)

Thanks Steve, I'm eagerly anticipating collection

Looking forward to meeting on track soon :)

917k said:
DerbyJim said:
917k said:
It's got two options I've not seen before. Neither would make a difference to buying or not. but they seem pretty rare options

Mirror mounting triangles in body colour and interior rear plastics in body colour too

Lovely car :thumb:

What are the mirror triangles you mention? Not heard of those.

Love the body coloured bits too!!

The mirrors are mounted on black plastic triangular plates, but on this car they are painted Peridot

Not seen it on any car previously

Aah, I see where you mean now!

Any follow ups on this, 917?

How are you finding it? Enjoying it I hope. :thumb:

Anything planned for it? Mods or road trips/trackdays?

Marky911 said:
Any follow ups on this, 917?

How are you finding it? Enjoying it I hope. :thumb:

Anything planned for it? Mods or road trips/trackdays?

Thanks for the bump, I'm not as good at documenting stuff as you!

Yes, loving it so far, I've not done any real mileage in it yet, but it seems supremely capable.

I'd had my 964 for ten years and midified and tracked it extensively, so I was completely comfortable in driving it hard.

So far the R is showing it's such much more capable, and outright faster, as well as being a lovely place to be in just cruising on the motorway. I'm thinking of doing some driver training in it, just so I can safely find the limits, and beyond before really pushing it anywhere. It's a long time since I had a quick RWD (E46 M3 about 15 years ago) car, so I've got a lot to learn

It's booked in for service in two weeks, and after that I will take it on track, not sure but probably to Brands, which is my local circuit and somewhere I'm comfortable with.

I'm going to Prescott for the Porsche Hillclimb in 3 weeks and to the Precision cars and Coffee event the week after

Thinking of doing the Porsche museum trip before September (to see the 917 Anniversary exhibition) and will certainly be going to Europe next year. We normally do Spa at Easter, but we're contemplating an alternative for a change, maybe Zolder or Zandvoort.

I will also do the Crystal Palace Sprint next year. I competed in the last 4 in my 964 and loved the whole event, this year I knew I was selling so didn't enter. I went as a spectator with my car part of the display on Sunday. Pleased to see the Cayman GT4 and Boster S entered were both slower than I went in my 964 last time though

Good stuff! I think you made a great choice and you timed that wanted advert just right eh, finding one in the launch colour. :)

The R and the Boxster Spyders are brilliant cars. The damping and handling just seem perfect, pretty much everywhere.

I'm sure you'll be up to speed in it soon enough and beating all your old 964 times.

Good to read that the GT4 and Boxster weren't able to beat your 964 times at CP. :grin:

It sounds like you have plenty of car related fun planned so be sure to update the thread with a pic or two. I'll never get bored of looking at a Peridot R.

Anyway, enjoy the summer. :thumb:

PS I like those extra body coloured parts. I'm a sucker for little touches like that, especially when they're factory fitted. 8)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back