Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Midnight Blue GTS

Lovely car. The blue really suits it ! :worship:

The 991.1 NA engines defo sound slightly better than the 991.2 turbo ones. In unison the 991.2 with PSE do sound great though, but when compared to the NA engines in the 991.1 ( side by side ) there is no comparison. Especially through a tunnel ! A cheeky exhaust and muffler delete must surely liven up the sound of the turbo cars !?!..Don't get me started on the 992, where is the sound on those !

My cousin has the 991.2 GTS4 and off the lights between mine and his there really is very little in the cars to within legal speed limits, ( considering he has the best part of 50PS more, but has the targa so will be a weight deficit ). Both cars reach 0-60 in circa 4 secs. Where the turbo engine really shows its might is out of slower corners where the turbo cars get a real punch out of the corner and at the top end where the extra torque really comes into play. There is no doubt the extra torque from the .2 turbo cars does make them feel a lot faster when you bum is in the seat and point to point when the turbo kicks in and this all helps to provides a huge punch compared to the .1 NA cars. ( not that the NA cars are slow, the power is just delivered in a different way ). So in some ways the newer .2 turbo cars are more usable with the additional torque, especially for overtaking.

But there is something about the NA cars that I am enjoying that allows you to have a huge smile on your face at slightly slower speeds. So I agree with @findtom with his comment. For me its one of the reasons I moved from my previous turbo based cars to this one.

Either way you can't go wrong with a 911 in my eyes ! I bet you are pleased to be back in one !

Looking forward to your thoughts on the exhaust !

Jungle

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back