Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Over rev report

Gizmo750

Monza
My 997.2 is advertised for sale and a potential buyer has asked for an over rev report.

Is this something i would have to go to to a dealer to get or is there a better way to source this information. Also, any idea of the cost to get this done?

Thanks

anybody with a Durametric can get it for you.

It needs a tester connected to the car to read out these values .. an INDY or an OPC can do it .

If the car is a PDK then they mean nothing as Porsche state these cant over rev .. i'll leave everyone else to comment on that :)

Time .. it's about 10 - 15 mins from car in and car out of the workshop .

Ranges 1-3 are not a problem .. range 4 you might have a problem .. range 5-6 you have possible and then probable engine damage .

If over 200 hours ago .. there is a time counter for this then it's unlikely there is any engine damage and if the revs are 6 or less in range 6 then it would probably be passed for a Porsche warranty .. above that and it won't be .

Range 5 and 6 are not good though with 6 being pretty bad . .

they are completely un reliable.

I can tun my car on the dyno, hit the rev limiter and get event recorded in no. 4.

The crank sensor can generate noise in certain cases which gives inaccurate readings.

Mezgerite said:

I can tun my car on the dyno, hit the rev limiter and get event recorded in no. 4.

The crank sensor can generate noise in certain cases which gives inaccurate readings.

Totally believe this.

I'm a turbine engineer and we measure shaft speed with a magnetic pick up sensor. Incorrect or decaying shielding can create 'noise' and consequently inaccurate data. It happens a lot.

At least with a PDK you'll know it has never suffered the 'money shift'

OP has a manual. I've got PDK and only see range 1&2.

Magic919 said:
OP has a manual. I've got PDK and only see range 1&2.

Same here. But I'm sceptical of this whole rev range data thing that a lot of prospective buyers get quite excited about. I've read reports of recordings in range 5 and 6 but fek all in range 4. Figure that one out... :?

Mezgerite said:

Can i just say you are my hero !

You have just answered something that has bugged me for many many years but on a turbo .. finally it makes sense to me .. :worship: .

You have my gratitude .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back