Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 GTS news?

mcnallys

Hey All,

Any word / updates on 992 GTS. Was planning on ordering a C2S but now considering a GTS as i have read Sept launch possibly. I would delivery of either around April next year and I know allocations are filling up.

Drove a C2S recently and mightily impressed. Would change my S3 and keep Macan GTS.

Be nice to have a matching pair. Unless Porsche stick the arm in and hike the price of a GTS......

Cheers

ask me again in 2021

GTS is predominately the end of model edition... so a few years to wait for 992 GTS.

6appeal said:
GTS is predominately the end of model edition... so a few years to wait for 992 GTS.

I did think this, as have a 2 year old Macan GTS and know the Porsche models Have see referenice that the GTS will be early as big revenue stream for VAG to cope with their finance blip.

We just decided to go for the C2S, need to add ourselves to the list. By all accounts the lists are lengthening..... don't really want/need until early next year - so no mad panic.

Spot on... that's what I said, wanted a car end of this year... temptation got the better of me and car being picked up today! Lol

they haven't released the Carrera yet!?

mcnallys said:
MLB9911 said:
will be launched in Frankfurt in November

So you have also heard of an earlier launch......

According to Car Magazine ........

911 Turbo and Carrera GTS Due September 2019, in dealers from February 2020

maph said:
mcnallys said:
MLB9911 said:
will be launched in Frankfurt in November

So you have also heard of an earlier launch......

According to Car Magazine ........

911 Turbo and Carrera GTS Due September 2019, in dealers from February 2020

They also claim: The Entry-level Carrera 2 and Carrera 4 Coupe and Cabriolet Shown in April 2019, on sale summer 2019

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/porsche/911-992/

Is that reliable?

update - the same OPC person told me that there is no news and it won't be this year :dont know: :dont know: tool

MLB9911 said:
update - the same OPC person told me that there is no news and it won't be this year :dont know: :dont know: tool

I'm not surprised, they haven't even announced the base Carrera yet and the current wait time for a 2S or 4S is now getting on for 12 months.

I'm going to the Frankfurt motor show in September where they're hopefully unveiling the Taycan. I suspect the base Carrera might be announced at the same time, and maybe even the 992 Turbo.

A finished 992 Turbo was revealed to OPC Heads in Palm Springs a few weeks back...... :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back