Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Sports Exhaust

beacytan

Hi Guys, I have just put down a deposit on a 992 C4S order, not taking delivery until 1st March 2020 (OPC tell me it will not ready until Nov/Dec 2019), so I have plenty of time to finalise my spec. Now... I know this differs to most peoples opinions, but I do not want the extra loudness the Sport Exhaust offers, but can someone please talk me into the Sports Exhaust?!? My problem is, I think the car is loud enough without, but can anyone please tell me any other benefits? I must admit, if i was going for red, the sports exhaust with black tips look amazing, i just can't justify it though on my colour for only extra noise i dont want or will ever use. It seems EVERYONE has specced it though!! Anyone out there NOT specced it on their 992??? Please help me out talk me around either way, i cant make my mind up! Cheers :)

It's a personal choice. You're dropping over 100k on a car for you.

Yes it might be a very slight drop on resale but not much different to the cost new. I like the extra grumble from PSE but it's fairly quiet in relative terms.
If you are not going to use it go with your gut. You'll enjoy the 992 either way.
Good luck and show us your spec!

One other thing to note other than the sound about the new 992, is the actual position of the exhaust and how it changes the look of the rear dependant on spec.. So make sure you are happy with the position of the exhaust, number plate etc. I am sure that the PSE option pushes the number plate up, where as standard quad exhaust look has the number plate in line with the exhaust pipes.

Jungle

Jungle650 said:
One other thing to note other than the sound about the new 992, is the actual position of the exhaust and how it changes the look of the rear dependant on spec.. So make sure you are happy with the position of the exhaust, number plate etc. I am sure that the PSE option pushes the number plate up, where as standard quad exhaust look has the number plate in line with the exhaust pipes.

Jungle

It's the sport design pack that moves the number plate position not the sports exhaust.

I added the sports exhaust at the last minute just before my spec was locked and don't regret it for a moment, I dodged a bullet is how I feel. When it's in 'normal" mode it's a nice sound but very quiet. I turn it on however as my second move (first move is to turn off the annoying start/stop) before driving off. Frankly it needs the sound of the sport exhaust to complete the sport car feel.

Thanks guys, you have talked me into it. I think it definitely looks better (with black tips), how much i will use it, i will have to see when i get the car. I am deffo going to go for it though, even just for looks alone. just tinkering with my spec now. :)

Mattrs said:
Jungle650 said:

Jungle

It's the sport design pack that moves the number plate position not the sports exhaust.

I added the sports exhaust at the last minute just before my spec was locked and don't regret it for a moment, I dodged a bullet is how I feel. When it's in 'normal" mode it's a nice sound but very quiet. I turn it on however as my second move (first move is to turn off the annoying start/stop) before driving off. Frankly it needs the sound of the sport exhaust to complete the sport car feel.

@Mattrs. Thank you for clarification. All of the 992 cars that I have seen with PSE option must have had this 'Sport pack ' option. Interesting that you can have the PSE without the Sports pack look, - ( note to self ! ...Sports pack option moves the number plate position on the rear.( amongst other things ) .👍

Learning new bits about the 992 every day!

Thanks
Jungle

Jungle650 said:
Mattrs said:
Jungle650 said:

Jungle

@Mattrs. Thank you for clarification. All of the 992 cars that I have seen with PSE option must have had this 'Sport pack ' option. Interesting that you can have the PSE without the Sports pack look, - ( note to self ! ...Sports pack option moves the number plate position on the rear.( amongst other things ) .👍

Learning new bits about the 992 every day!

Thanks
Jungle

There are so many options, when I originally ordered mine there was no such thing as the sport design pack, I think it was added in the January timeframe. Here's the two side by side, both with sports exhaust.

@beacytan I am sure you won't be disappointed!

Attachments

• 8be0cd16_e37e_418b_8613_5d5f7efb9be6_211.png
    8be0cd16_e37e_418b_8613_5d5f7efb9be6_211.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10,674
i actually don't like what the sport pack does to the lines on the back of the car, i think it looks much better without it. although i really do wish you hadn't showed me a white car as i am still unsure about my colour!! i was gentian blue all the way, but if the Porsche side decals are what i think they are, i might need a red or white one with the decals in black - i just need the configurator to be updated so i can see what it looks like with the black porsche graphics on the doors in white, guards red and gentian blue.

beacytan said:
i actually don't like what the sport pack does to the lines on the back of the car, i think it looks much better without it. although i really do wish you hadn't showed me a white car as i am still unsure about my colour!! i was gentian blue all the way, but if the Porsche side decals are what i think they are, i might need a red or white one with the decals in black - i just need the configurator to be updated so i can see what it looks like with the black porsche graphics on the doors in white, guards red and gentian blue.

Totally agree, the front looks better with the sport design (which you can buy separately) but the rear is messed up.

Ha! Mine is gentian blue, it's stunning, I'm so glad I went with it. In the sunshine it looks indigo, in overcast conditions it's more navy, with standard red callipers, sets it off nice. As you say, the decals are new and weren't available when I ordered mine. You can see mine here following its detail and ceramic coating. https://twitter.com/gemcleand/status/1124229868370169858?s=21

Mattrs said:
beacytan said:

Totally agree, the front looks better with the sport design (which you can buy separately) but the rear is messed up.

Ha! Mine is gentian blue, it's stunning, I'm so glad I went with it. In the sunshine it looks indigo, in overcast conditions it's more navy, with standard red callipers, sets it off nice. As you say, the decals are new and weren't available when I ordered mine. You can see mine here following its detail and ceramic coating. https://twitter.com/gemcleand/status/1124229868370169858?s=21
I have the same colour Mattrs and dont live far from those guys. Would you mind telling me the kinda cost for doing it? P.M i f you prefer.
I tend to treat mine a bit mean then look at tidy up things at resell but am tempted this time to give it a bit love.
Plus we seem to have a massive influx of pigeons around my house that are using it for target practice. They must hate the Boche :D

Wow Mattrs - that colour!!! looks amazing in the pics - i also picked those wheels originally but am now sterring towards the painted gloss black carrera ones... But now i have 2 more dilemmas....

- what would the back porsche decals look like on there.. i dont think i would like the decals in any other colour and gentian seems a bit darl to show off black graphics.
- i see you went silver for sports exhaust. i have been fighting myself on this as i didnt really want one - i think the quad exhaust looks better. everyone on here talked me round and i dont want to regret not having it, so i am gonna get sport exhaust. part of the appeal was the black tips so they dont get heat-stained/scorched like the chrome type finish can, but i think it def looks much better with a bit of silver on the back of the car. arrrrrgghhhh. dont know what to do now...

ps - i am getting cabriolet so theres the dark roof colour to think about too

beacytan said:
Wow Mattrs - that colour!!! looks amazing in the pics - i also picked those wheels originally but am now sterring towards the painted gloss black carrera ones... But now i have 2 more dilemmas....

- what would the back porsche decals look like on there.. i dont think i would like the decals in any other colour and gentian seems a bit darl to show off black graphics.
- i see you went silver for sports exhaust. i have been fighting myself on this as i didnt really want one - i think the quad exhaust looks better. everyone on here talked me round and i dont want to regret not having it, so i am gonna get sport exhaust. part of the appeal was the black tips so they dont get heat-stained/scorched like the chrome type finish can, but i think it def looks much better with a bit of silver on the back of the car. arrrrrgghhhh. dont know what to do now...

ps - i am getting cabriolet so theres the dark roof colour to think about too

I think if you're getting the decals, then you need a white or light colour personally.

I thought the quad exhaust looked better too, which is why I went with chrome to kind of have a halfway house. I had the tips treated with the ceramic coating and I also have a chrome polish that does wonders, once every 6 months with a bit of elbow grease... I had black tips on my previous c63 and just figured I'd go back to old school this time.

When do you have to lock your spec?

992 Quicksilver exhaust for C2/4 (S & GTS)

If anyone is interested I have a Quicksilver system for sale.
It really improves the tone and sounds over a stock system.
Occasionally allowing some burble on the overrun and on downshifts.

Feel free to get in touch!

Link here:
https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/12903619

992 Sports Exhaust :?: :?: :?:

Can you add after an original porsche sport exhaust ?
The mechanical parts ocourse you can but what about the little swicth on the panel to open and close the sport exhaust noise ?
Are the cable lines there ? switch to exhaust valve
Do you just have to switch the panel so to add the exhaust switch ?

Any ideas ? :?: :?: :?:
I am buying a used 992 Carrera 4s and not all the owners ordered them with sport exhaust :sad:

Can you retrofit Porsche Sports Exhaust on a 992. The simple answer is yes.

Here is proof. Looks like Porsche Norwich did it for this customer.

https://youtu.be/dO50WbPffX8

Jungle

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back