Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car wont start!

antonio

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all, car wouldnt start today, scanned for codes with torque app and got P2271. o2 sensor signal stuck, rich bank 1 sensor 2, could this be the cause? TIA.

Not really i'm afraid , that fault code to me would refer to the post cat lambda sensor on bank one seeing a rich mixture.

In other words your Cat is not working very well on that bank .

Does the car spin over but not fire up ?

does it cough and splutter but not fire up ?

An important question .. do you have a vts fitted .. do you have any black fobs that came with the car ?

If this has gone faulty the car wont spin over .

again a clutch switch fault and the car wont spin over .. if you hold the key in the start position for 5 seconds you will get a message saying depress clutch .. this will say if its that ..

bit more info please :)

Hi Demort,

it does spin up but not fire, dont think i have VTS, after a while of trying to start the cel comes on though, Thanks

deMort said:
Interesting .. ok the engine light comes on and you only have the fault code you posted and nothing else listed ?

Thats correct Sir.

Ok .. we have a fault and the car doesn't see anything being wrong ..

That to me would indicate 1 of 2 possible faults ..

The fuel pump or lack of fuel due to it being empty shall we say will not generate a fault code .. the car has no way of monitoring this .

Only check is .. look in the tank or add 5 litres of fuel to make sure it's not a faulty fuel gauge and after that a pressure gauge on the fuel rail to confirm its got no pressure .

Second is the Crank Position Sensor .. only check is to scope the signal im afraid.

Your fault code , although not related could be in a roundabout way ... very low fuel pressure might .. and i mean .. just might generate this code .. fuel pump or lack of fuel is where i'm at with this though .

lets face it .. i don't have a lot to go on .. i cant see the car so i've done what i can !

Can i just confirm though .. you drove the car home , left it overnight and then this happened ? it wasn't jump started , put on charge .. left for a couple of years or anything like that ?

Cheers for the help it cant be easy without seeing the car, its been in the garage for a couple of days since i last drove it, all good till it wouldnt start this morning.

Thanks again, time to call the indy.

Sorry i can't give you a quick fix .. there are many things i would check if i had the car but from the info im leaning towards a fuel pump problem.

Hopefully its not too expensive when your Indy finds the fault and as always i would appreciate knowing what the fault turns out to be ... i learn every day on here which is a help in doing my job .

Thanks, i will check what i can then give them a call, ill let you know what they find

Following up on this does anyone know a good mobile mechanic in the East London/Essex area as my indy is not available at the moment, Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back