Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wiper arms

H0ME

Does anyone have a *cheaper* source for replacment wiper arms? They are now crica £300 for the pair from the usual places. These items back in the day were 30-40. Anyone know of a Bosch source?

The part number
993 628 028 01 wiper arm
993 628 028 03 wiper arm

I have attempted to have my exisiting arms powder coated but the finish is poor as it does not seem possible to break the Arm part down i.e remove the two springs and plastic(?) piece that attaches to the nut of the car.

Have they just dulled off, or are they functionally failing?.

Have you tried spraying with a simple Satin Black?, I wouldn't go down the powder coat route on them.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Have they just dulled off, or are they functionally failing?.

Have you tried spraying with a simple Satin Black?, I wouldn't go down the powder coat route on them.

Trev

Just pitted and chipped. Annoying as your stare at them constantly.

Agree on the powder coat - it does not work. Thinking of taking it all off back to aluminium and re-spraying.

H0ME said:
it does not seem possible to break the Arm part down i.e remove the two springs and plastic(?) piece that attaches to the nut of the car.

Hi H0ME,

The plastic comes off by just lifting it up and gently pulling it off (see pic) As Trev says I'd go with a rattle can after a good prep.

ATB :)

Attachments

• wiper_plastic_cover_372.jpeg
    wiper_plastic_cover_372.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,453
decgraham said:
H0ME said:
it does not seem possible to break the Arm part down i.e remove the two springs and plastic(?) piece that attaches to the nut of the car.

Hi H0ME,

The plastic comes off by just lifting it up and gently pulling it off (see pic) As Trev says I'd go with a rattle can after a good prep.

Not the cover.... I was talking about the reverse. There is a sort of hard plastic insert that hooks into the springs.

decgraham said:
Ah sorry didn't know they was another plastic piece.

However I have found the Bosch part numbers for you and one arm on Amazon is £53.15 with free delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-3398102632-Wiper-Arm/dp/B0049RFAPU

Thanks for Bosch number although not in stock on Amazon. Like a number of the big suppliers they do list the item, make you order and then cancel as no longer available. I've had this also on eBay as they are listed on there - but not actually available.

Oh that's a shame. When I replaced my front headlight lenses I bought from Bosch direct using their part number and they were a lot cheaper than Porsche.
Thought you might get lucky too, I see that they were discontinued in 2017. You might find a dealer with the odd one in stock if you have a ring around the Bosch dealers. Good luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back