Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre pressure monitoring system valves 2014 958

Nattyboy

Nurburgring
Can anyone help ? Are these just plug and play or does the dealer have to reset the system.

My two fronts are badly corroded and can't get any air into them. Prices seem to be all over the place but found some on ebay for £8 each so is it just a case of taking them to a tyre fitters ?

Cheers
Nat

The OEM ones are plug and play; the settings menu on the dash allows you to input the wheel size and tyre type and the system relearns / recalibrates after a few miles. My OEM ones were actually branded VW/Audi.

It is important you get the right ones for your vehicle (check the OEM code for your vehicle) and buying used could be a false economy imo as the battery life is finite.

That seems somewhat cheap for the sensors themselves .

TPM on this model is gen 2 , they are pretty much plug and play .. you can have issues but as a rule of thumb the system will see the new sensors and react to them .. if not they can be coded on via the code tags on them and a tester .

i still think this is more a price for the valve tubes than the actual sensors that sit inside the wheel .

Using the dash to relearn the sensors is what we do after replacing them .

My feeling is you need new valves .. the tube basically and that will need no coding whatsoever .

Nattyboy said:
Can anyone help ? Are these just plug and play or does the dealer have to reset the system.

It only becomes an electronic question at all if you are also replacing the sensors - the valve stem can be replaced independently and it sounds like that is what we are talking about here. A small footnote is that the screw where the base of the valve joins the sensor should not be over-torqued as if the plastic washer is damaged it can blow out and give a frustratingly difficult to diagnose intermittent slow leak.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back