Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My first Porsche

Maxthedane

Monza
Thanks to all those who gave me advice re. getting an independent inspection done. I did and it's given me a lot of confidence in my first Porsche!

Thanks too to deMort for his advice pre & post inspection.

Thanks to Bob at Porscheinspections and Harry at Portiacraft.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my first few days of ownership. Spent 2 or 3 hours today washing & polishing.

Now looking at whether I could get an LA Bluetooth unit for my iPhone and not ruin the original look of the facia. There's a little grill to the right of the dials on the dash - don't know what it is. I'm wondering if it's where a phone mic would have gone had the car been spec'd with a phone connection. If so, the LA unit would go in the boot with the CD multi-changer and I'd have some modern tech but the car console would still look older & analogue without extraneous wires etc. Just need to investigate a bit more and if I buy one find somewhere to get it fitted.

Happy motoring...

Attachments

• img_1481_135.jpg
    img_1481_135.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,172
Well done! :congrats:

Yes that's the mic position. Beauty of these cars - so easy to work on, especially if you do some homework on here 1st.

You're gonna love that car. 996 cab = bog loads of fun!!! :drive:

Like go-karting without a helmet on.

:congrats:

Congrats - great colour that ! (cough)

Superb :thumb: with the roof down its a whole different car, you will love it

Hello,good evening and welcome, as someone used to say!
That looks lovely, enjoy :thumbs:

Well done. Enjoy it.

Darren

Well done on your purchase.

I fitted an LA Power Bluetooth device into my C4S they are pretty simple to install and the power and MOST connection from the CD changer can be used.

The hardest part is running the Mic cable into the cabin and takes a bit of time to get the cable through the grommets and the instrument binnacle removed to fit the Mic into the OEM position.

The whole job only takes a few hours and the machine works well for the small amount it costs.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your car.
:thumb:

Congratulations - lovely looking car :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back