Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goodbye 997... Hello 991?

TonyC911

Friday was a bittersweet day, as I said goodbye to my beloved 997.1 C2S after 3 years :sad:

This year I have started to lust after an early 991.1 C2S and crucially, good examples are now dropping well below the £50k mark (especially private sales).

Maybe it's nerves over the mileage. I gather they'll happily do high mileages, but I haven't seen any 991's for sale at an OPC with 50K on the clock. Indies yes.

Still there might be a deal to be had if you waltz in and offer to take it off their hands .... How low will they go? £45K? Could be a bargain at that point .... :dont know:

The white car looks good, has a reasonable mileage, 2-years warranty and an attractive price - just missing a PSE (can be retrofitted). :thumb:

Get it bought!! :thumbs:

TonyC911 said:
This year I have started to lust after an early 991.1 C2S and crucially, good examples are now dropping well below the £50k mark (especially private sales). I am hoping depreciation on these cars will begin to stabilise in the next couple of years.

I am in no hurry to find a replacement, but I am monitoring Pistonheads and AutoTrader. The car below is quiet appealing and has been for sale for at least a month. What is rather curious is that the price keeps fluctuating both up and down! When I first noticed it, it was listed at a tad under £50K, then it went up to around £51k. Recently it dropped back to £49,925 and after a further week, it is now listed at £47,926.

Any thoughts on what might me causing these regular price fluctuations? :dont know:

I've been (very) closely monitoring adverts for 991.1S cars since August last year and it's only recently that they've slipped below £50k and I haven't seen many advertised privately. Those that have ended up at sub-£50k have been on the market a while and have been reduced at least once.

The only cars I've seen "well below the £50k mark" have been 3.4s or 3.8s with 65k+ miles.

That white car at OPC Wilmslow seems an anomaly, especially if the price has fluctuated as you say. I wonder if it's a car that is just advertised to test the market and attract phone calls and won't be available to view for whatever reason. If it is ... it's definitely worthy of consideration.

Cars I've actually been to view have varied tremendously in spec', history and condition. If you're keen to get a nicely spec'd car with solid history and not in need of a detail I think you'd need to set a budget of £55k+.

Depreciation has been kind to first owners of these cars but even at £55k+ for a seven year old car they represent great value for money. Personally I think there's a few £k left for them to go so unless the right car for me happens along I've decided to wait a while.

Happy Hunting. :thumb:

This car might not be to everyone's taste, although I quite like red interiors!

TonyC911 said:

However, the price has just dropped by £3k! :?:

THAT is an awful lot of car for the money ..... And it looks like it's in fabulous condition. The leather looks amazing and I think contrasts quite nicely with the silver. Test drive at the weekend sir? :)

TonyC911 said:

However, the price has just dropped by £3k! :?:

Re the red interior car, when somethings cheap there's normally (sorry always) a reason... id dig deeper... If not id buy it for sure.

The others are about right for high mile porsches, personally I wouldnt touch, with a bargepole, very difficult to move on in a few years, people will disagree but fact, try trading in a 70k miles Porsche, your saving 5 grand off a lower miler now and paying for it big time later, when you have to give it away, unless you keep forever, which never happens. Add the exhaust onto the Wilmslow car your back up to 50k, its no good without it...

Good low miles early 991 havent moved in price recently, any that have theres a reason :hand:

Speak to Stuart Penney at Wilmslow. Good guy to deal with.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back