Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 21
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 36
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 25
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Robertb
Dijon


Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 7108
Location: South Oxfordshire

2002 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattyR wrote:
P&S Beadmaker looks interesting. Thanks for the tip!


It does indeed. Just read the product description - no idea what it means but who wouldn't want a surface migrating molecule, let alone one which cross-links and polymerises? Surprised

Can it layer on top of a carnauba wax?
_________________
"911- the guilt-free supercar"

Current: 2003 C4S Coupe, seal/black

Ex: '02 C4S Coupe, '96 993 Targa, '88 Carrera Sport Coupe
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
TonyC911
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 06 Jun 2016
Posts: 343
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks


PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robertb wrote:
MattyR wrote:
P&S Beadmaker looks interesting. Thanks for the tip!


It does indeed. Just read the product description - no idea what it means but who wouldn't want a surface migrating molecule, let alone one which cross-links and polymerises? Surprised

Can it layer on top of a carnauba wax?


Yes, absolutely. Especially if you clay'd your paint prior to waxing!

I use it on top of Swisswax Shield. Careful though, I have found it a rather addictive product! Grin
_________________
2012 Carrera S - Agate Grey & Pebble Interior
Ex 2007 Carrerra S
Ex 2005 Boxster S
Ex 2003 Boxster 2.7
Ex 1998 Boxster 2.5
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
davidjf7
Imola


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 774
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Detailing results Reply with quote

Rojdog wrote:
Had my car given a good polish and going over by a local detailer. Having bought the car last year it really needed doing, lots of swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Really happy with the results, the metallic specs in the paint sparkle now... just though I would share the results!


Where abouts in Essex are you? Could do with that treatment on my basalt black car!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Rojdog
Silverstone


Joined: 08 Nov 2018
Posts: 105
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Detailing results Reply with quote

davidjf7 wrote:
Rojdog wrote:
Had my car given a good polish and going over by a local detailer. Having bought the car last year it really needed doing, lots of swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Really happy with the results, the metallic specs in the paint sparkle now... just though I would share the results!


Where abouts in Essex are you? Could do with that treatment on my basalt black car!


Gidea Park

https://www.cleanandgleamvaleting.co.uk/
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
DRZ911
Barcelona


Joined: 13 Mar 2013
Posts: 1456
Location: Belfast


PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pickse wrote:
I applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo on my car last summer.
it lives outside and I've not seen the water spot problems other have.

According to my detailer Andy, spotting only becomes a problem if the ceramic coating is exposed in its first 24-48 hours to moisture.
Beyond this period, it should have fully hardened off and, subject to proper application in the first place, will not have a spotting problem.
_________________
991 Gen 2 GT3 Racing Yellow
Yamaha R1 and BMW R100RS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
davidjf7
Imola


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 774
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Detailing results Reply with quote

Rojdog wrote:
davidjf7 wrote:
Rojdog wrote:
Had my car given a good polish and going over by a local detailer. Having bought the car last year it really needed doing, lots of swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Really happy with the results, the metallic specs in the paint sparkle now... just though I would share the results!


Where abouts in Essex are you? Could do with that treatment on my basalt black car!


Gidea Park

https://www.cleanandgleamvaleting.co.uk/


Thanks Thumb

Bit far for me but may be worth the trip
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum