Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Detailing results

P&S Beadmaker looks interesting. Thanks for the tip!

I applied Gtecniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo on my car last summer.
it lives outside and I've not seen the water spot problems other have. Mine tho is Artic Silver maybe on a darker colour it's more obvious.

Regarding application: I found it very easy. CS Light was not as scary as advertised. In fact It was not difficult at all. Some decent lighting is essential, I used a Screwfix twin head work light with LED floodlights and if you have a garage where it can be kept dry for 24 hours and work methodically (lots of clean microfibres are required) it's not a problem, you just don't want to leave any visible residue I think.
I don't think CSL is any more difficult to use than any of their other products, and I suspect the 'professional only' products are not too different either.

I thought a month or so back the beading etc was not what it used to be but a wash with a strong solution of G-Wash product and I reckon it's about as good as it was. As I said it lives outside nearly under the Farnborough flightpath so gets its fair share of Avtur residue.

Hmmm, Tony and Pickse some interesting points. I think you are turning me back to the ceramic coatings. I really like the look of the carpro cquartz uk 3.0. The only problem being I have a fresh application of sealant on the car so either wait for that to run its course or get it off with a good going over of remover/degreaser while the car is still almost fresh prep wise.

Problem is theres almost too much choice when it comes to these coatings there more I look the less sure I am...

I'm really pleased with the Gtechniq I had put on 3 years ago. (20k miles ago)

CSL & Exo (I think), Still beading like crazy, and has a glassy finish.

It isn't swirl proof though, so you do need to take care.

My car is my daily (except when salt is on the roads), garaged overnight. Washed weekly.

The best thing about ceramic coating is that the dirt just drops off, and no more waxing is required.

I can do a full wash and dry in 60 mins leaving more time for family stuff.

I have topped up the coating myself annually with c2v3 spray, which is as simple as using a QD.

Will try to dig out some old and recent pics.

Yesterday:

June 2016: post detailing

MattyR said:

It does indeed. Just read the product description - no idea what it means but who wouldn't want a surface migrating molecule, let alone one which cross-links and polymerises? :eek:

Can it layer on top of a carnauba wax?

Robertb said:
MattyR said:

It does indeed. Just read the product description - no idea what it means but who wouldn't want a surface migrating molecule, let alone one which cross-links and polymerises? :eek:

Can it layer on top of a carnauba wax?

Yes, absolutely. Especially if you clay'd your paint prior to waxing!

I use it on top of Swisswax Shield. Careful though, I have found it a rather addictive product! :grin:

Rojdog said:
Had my car given a good polish and going over by a local detailer. Having bought the car last year it really needed doing, lots of swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Really happy with the results, the metallic specs in the paint sparkle now... just though I would share the results!

Where abouts in Essex are you? Could do with that treatment on my basalt black car!

davidjf7 said:
Rojdog said:
Had my car given a good polish and going over by a local detailer. Having bought the car last year it really needed doing, lots of swirls and scratches in the clear coat. Really happy with the results, the metallic specs in the paint sparkle now... just though I would share the results!

Where abouts in Essex are you? Could do with that treatment on my basalt black car!

Gidea Park

https://www.cleanandgleamvaleting.co.uk/

Pickse said:
I applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo on my car last summer.
it lives outside and I've not seen the water spot problems other have.
According to my detailer Andy, spotting only becomes a problem if the ceramic coating is exposed in its first 24-48 hours to moisture.
Beyond this period, it should have fully hardened off and, subject to proper application in the first place, will not have a spotting problem.

Rojdog said:
davidjf7 said:
Rojdog said:

Gidea Park

https://www.cleanandgleamvaleting.co.uk/

Bit far for me but may be worth the trip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back