Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New addition F488

Lovely looking car Darren :worship:

But so glad you still drive the '6 Turbo too :thumb:

TBH ...I've not often wanted to scratch the Ferrari itch , but either of these 2 black beauties would have me swithering ....
488 in particular is the dog's danglies ........

What a beast .... !

Hat off to you !

T

Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??

They are different cars mate, one is a 488 and the last picture is a 458.

Bless :thumb:

Ha ha ha, just testing.

:oops:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Boba fett said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
Stunning. Saw one pull up in the village the other week. Beautiful machine...

But am I going mental? Err, mentallerer.... Whats with red calipers down one side and yellow down the other??

They are different cars mate, one is a 488 and the last picture is a 458.

Bless :thumb:

Ha ha ha, just testing.

:oops:

I know :thumb:

DynoMike said:
Lovely looking car Darren :worship:

But so glad you still drive the '6 Turbo too :thumb:

Thanks, no worries of the 911 going anywhere soon, the Ferraris have just got me working on the suspension set up to generally improve it as the F cars , as you'd expect, are so advanced. The old girl is getting there though and she wouldn't be far behind in performance terms..

We had one of the first 488 in the country but ultimately I just didn't;t get on with it. We flipped it pretty quickly for a tidy margin as you can imagine at the time as everyone wanted one but they remind me very much of the 981 v 718 debate in the NA v FI sense (I'm not comparing the 488 to a 718 lol). If you into FI then they are an immense car but not as satisfying as the 458 or 430 to drive for me. Personally I think the 458's in the right spec will hold their values well in the long run.

fT50EBp.jpg

jonttt said:
We had one of the first 488 in the country but ultimately I just didn't;t get on with it. We flipped it pretty quickly for a tidy margin as you can imagine at the time as everyone wanted one but they remind me very much of the 981 v 718 debate in the NA v FI sense (I'm not comparing the 488 to a 718 lol). If you into FI then they are an immense car but not as satisfying as the 458 or 430 to drive for me. Personally I think the 458's in the right spec will hold their values well in the long run.

fT50EBp.jpg

I think you're right on value but I've never purchased any car with that in mind. I've grown up with turbo cars and love the torque they deliver and simply missed it in the 458 to the point it felt slow and their clearly not that. I had a sport quattro which I sold to make space for the 458 and I Missed the torque, the 488 changed that so I guess it's comes down to what you're used too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back