Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 elements that are not engineering progress...

Seems weird that key less has got messed up. I've had it on both my 991.1 and 991.2 and its been perfect. You do need to put the key somewhere other than your pocket when washing the car (or the bonnet pops open when you don't want it), but otherwise it's been faultless.

Do they still have the ugly fake key for starting the car? That has always struck me as naff/archaic!

Hoping they have also dropped the need to carry a separate transponder as well? Way too clunky. :?:

weejimmy said:
Do they still have the ugly fake key for starting the car? That has always struck me as naff/archaic!

The 'Muricans like the Key... from what I've read starting the car with the left hand is a unique 'Porsche 911 thing'.

weejimmy said:
Seems weird that key less has got messed up. I've had it on both my 991.1 and 991.2 and its been perfect. You do need to put the key somewhere other than your pocket when washing the car (or the bonnet pops open when you don't want it), but otherwise it's been faultless.

Hoping they have also dropped the need to carry a separate transponder as well? Way too clunky. :?:

Sadly the separate transponder has got worse! It's narrower but fatter and no means to attach to house keys, it's just another thing to have in my pocket.

Top tip regarding putting the key somewhere else when cleaning... at the jet wash at the garage I'm not sure where yet but there is a PCM option to turn it off so will just have to do that for now.

I'm testing keyless access, used it 6 times today, unlocked properly once and failed twice, locked twice and failed once. So 50% hit rate today.

the fake key is vastly improved on previous designs...

the transponder is shockingly massive.

Another problem I noticed, despite being turned on in the PCM, the option to turn on the wet mode when it's clearly raining with surface water is present doesn't show up. Anyone else being warned to turn it on in the rain?

Yes, but noticed it needs to be pretty heavy rain, which kind of makes sense so that it's not too sensitive and a pain. Sometimes I turn it on before the warning. Was good to use it today.

Out of intrigue I did a launch in normal mode on a wet dual carriageway. Great fun!

I drove a 1989 with amusement Exhaust I approached about whether the vapor continued therefore, she said it did in diversion and action Plus.

CLEO said:
I drove a 1989 with amusement Exhaust I approached about whether the vapor continued therefore, she said it did in diversion and action Plus.
:?: I think the answer is 42.

sideways said:
CLEO said:

No, I'm sure you're wrong it's 48 :lol:

Kryton said:
sideways said:
CLEO said:

Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

sideways said:
Kryton said:
sideways said:
CLEO said:

Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.

You mean the "red alert" light bulb :thumb:

Exhaust update!!!

now a good few miles into it... the exhaust roars! foot down, the think is brutal at high revs high speed. addictive and very dangerous. First time this week i laughed "exhaust sounds a bit too loud"...

It's simply completely different. You can't compare the two. A different octave range and style of sound and personal preference. I now prefer it...

Funny how times change, when you think of what is deemed a nice sound of cars over even the last ten years.

Rossi911 said:
how does that now compare to the 991.2 sports exhaust ?

It's worse. If you thought the 991.1 was quiet this will blow your mind. However it does make a nice sound, just really far away....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back