Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 992 Black Rear Lettering

ibetiwin

Hi all

I have been tracking this forum for a while now and its thoroughly enjoyable. Good work all!

Taking delivery of my new 992 C2S next week and am buzzing - I ordered the car at the end of Jan and has already been delayed 4 weeks so hopefully no more delays.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL2WRNN5

I want to paint the 'P O R S C H E' logo on the rear in either gloss or matt black and the 'Carrera 2S' (i know this was an optional extra but missed the chance to do before lock down)

The dealership are now saying this isnt possible to do after market and I wanted to see if this is the case as not sure why it wouldnt be?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Best

Hi, excellent choice of car :thumb:

PORSCHE_CODE=PL2WRNN5

The Porsche script are attached to the rear panel but can't comment on how they are attached, i.e just each letter or is it the entire panel and the '911 Carrera S' are stuck to the bumper.

You can just order the replacement parts and get them refitted, alternatively get the rear letters "Plasti Dip"

note, I have no experience of using Plasti-Dip

Nice car!

yes, anything possible... My dealer said their bodyshop would paint if i wanted, as i've considered that myself but option was not available to have the logo painted black with the simple "911" badge option.

Looking forward to the pics of your collection!

HSC911 said:
:welcome:

First Porker :dont know:

:thumb:

Thanks! Its actually my second. I had a 2007 Cayman S for 6 months and never really loved it. It was probably the Manuel gear box and the abundance of town driving I was doing at the time. That being said it was 2nd hand and when I sold it there was very little depreciation.

I currently drive a RRS SVR which will be very different to the C2S!

I originally had my eye on the new Gen 2 Macan Turbo but finally lost patience after being no further down the line in terms of when Porsche are going to launch!

Best

6appeal said:
Nice car!

yes, anything possible... My dealer said their bodyshop would paint if i wanted, as i've considered that myself but option was not available to have the logo painted black with the simple "911" badge option.

Looking forward to the pics of your collection!

My dealer said it isnt possible and they wouldnt do it as the letters are attached to the light strip and painting them could damage the strip?!

Isn't it one of the special design features of the GTS? I can understand why they're reluctant to do it for non-GTS cars, in order to keep that model special.

You can select it on any in the configurator. The only exception being if you select the '911" retro badge, for some reason they don't offer that badge and the logo in black.

Must be dealer specific as to which ones offer the paint locally. Worst case scenario is purely the time to mask it off if they don't want to remove and refit.

Plastidipping my badges has been on the cards for ages. As I only see the back of my car when I wash it, it skips my mind.
Cheap, easy and simple to return to factory if needed for what ever reason

Any more on this guys?

Seems my only option is to change the entire light strip which is £££££ and I am surprised there isnt another solution?!

I think I get where the dealer is coming from - it looks as if it's on a strip of plastic just below the light strip itself. The risk of "mis-painting" it or providing a solution that just comes off at the first pressure wash would be at their cost. :dont know:

low_911_carrera_4s_992_2018_porsche_ag-7.jpg

Porsche probably sell the letters individually or as a whole part - but I bet the cost of removing the bumper, rear lights and the light strip is probably a bitter pill to swallow for the mistake of not ticking a box to specify it originally in black. :frustrated:

However, I'd like to think that you could have the letters wrapped or painted by a good local bodyshop .... :?:

Black rear Badges

Hi, this my first post since rejoining after recently buying a 987.2 Cayman. The car I bought was a basic Cayman with a Porsche body kit with black mirrors,wheels, air intake etc but because it was basic it had a titanium coloured rear badge which looked out of place with the black. The 987 has a 'large' badge and was only available in black for the S or R versions. It was around £100 for a black badge. Porsche wanted £180 for just the one badge fitted!!

However, I studied the plastidip process for some time on u-tube and ran a test piece on a tin and glued spanner!! It is very important that you clean the existing badge very well particularly inside any 'loop' letters and use an isopropyl cleaner at the end.

So it was with much trepidation I began the process on my beloved new car. I put down 7 coats and all the black plastidip that was not required came off perfectly and the result was oustanding. It looks totally OEM and no other part on the car was affected. I have a photo somewhere and if I can I will upload it sometime. I am totally sold on the process, with the added bonus that it can easil be returned to the purchased spec so easily. Regards David

Black rear Badges

Hi in support of my previous post here is the \photo of the Plastidip badge.

Attachments

• img_20190504_wa0002_128.jpeg
    img_20190504_wa0002_128.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6,014

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back