Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2 m030 front shock top mounts

NedHan79

Suzuka
Does anyone know why the top mounts for an m030 spec car are much more expensive than the standard ones?
Sachs parts are very reasonable and if I've picked it up right, are the genuine part without the cost.
Are the m030 parts any different or can the Sachs ones be used?
Is it just a difference of the stiffness in the rubber to cope with higher loads?

If it's on down to the stiffer rubber, I might try a little game made remedy. I have some liquid polyeurathane there so I might try that to stiffen up the rubbers. I did it to the engine mounts with good results.
If it's no good then I'll chuck them in the bin and buy new ones.
Simples :mrgreen:

I ve recently replaced the top mounts on my 996.1 but will be fitting a full MO30 kit this month.
Is there a specific MO30 top mount, or will the standard ones be suitable?

This is exactly what I was trying to find out Steve. They are certainly more expensive but I can't get an answer why. The best that I can see is they are the same fitment but possibly a stiffer rubber. I'm going to try filling my own mounts with liquid polyeurathane to stiffen them up. This is not a permanent measure as I might go for coil overs at some stage and some kits seem to come with top mounts.

Following a brief peruse of the net whilst it would appear the MO30 kit can be fitted to the standard o/e top mounts Design 911 do make uprated versions, which are seriously expensive, for MO30 equipped cars.

Who said the M030 top mounts are different? I remember seeing that on Design911's website but nowhere else.

It's been a while since I looked into this but am fairly certain that they are not, it's the X74 ones which differ slightly from the regular ones. That was going from the Porsche parts catalogue at the time.

The difference is not in the rubber stiffness either - it's the mounting studs which are offset by a few mm to account for the drop in ride height. The 10mm drop with M030 doesn't really change this much and there's plenty of adjustment for camber in the factory slots. X74 introduces more significant negative camber and the revised top mountings therefore allow the mountings to sit in the middle of the adjustment slots otherwise you may run out of adjustment when tuning the camber during a geo setup.

You can buy Lemforder or Sachs (same part) OE mounts from AUTODOC for about £17 a piece (no Porsche tax required!)

That's very interesting and the first real bit of info of any significance. I know the Sachs parts are cheap enough but I didn't think there's much point in buying them if they're not right.
I'll maybe just get some and go from there

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back