Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The annoying dashboard rattle continues

Dammit said:
I have £20 on it being the sun-visor mirror/s.

Good point .. well made ..

I could tell you the story of a mechanic that took out the dashboard to find a rattle .. did the usual tape this fix that then put it all back together only to find the noise was still there .

i jumped in the passenger seat as he demonstrated the noise .. i put my hand on the interior mirror and it stopped .

He didn't talk to me for a week after that :floor:

deMort said:
Dammit said:
I have £20 on it being the sun-visor mirror/s.

Good point .. well made ..

I could tell you the story of a mechanic that took out the dashboard to find a rattle .. did the usual tape this fix that then put it all back together only to find the noise was still there .

i jumped in the passenger seat as he demonstrated the noise .. i put my hand on the interior mirror and it stopped .

He didn't talk to me for a week after that :floor:

After reading Dammit's comment I made a point of sticking my head over the dash while driving down a clear road.... noise was definitely above me! Not the sun visor or mirror - bloody interior/dome light housing! Gave it a frim push, buzzing rattle gone for now. I'm sure it'll take more intervention than just that, but I so bloody glad I didn't start taking trim off the dash of doing a turtle impression in the passenger footwell :thumbs:

So been in the car for 1 1/2 hours tonight. Once the rain had subsided and I could hear the rattle I was pinching, pushing and moving the visors and pushing the light unit to no avail.

Moved to the passenger air bag - pushing it had no effect on the rattle, however, placing my finger on the joint between the dash and the airbag unit I can feel a very slight movement between the two so am convinced this is the source.

Felt tape has arrived so next job is power down and out with the airbag. Plan is to felt tape everything and apply some autoglym leather cream or rubber & vinyl at the edges with the dash.

Regards

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back