Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A Day In The Life Of A Poor Humble Mechanic

Stick to cars before about 2005. That is what I do. Great thread, really interesting.

MC

Nice one Iain - always good to read your challenges!

Keep topped up with brews!!

Tomorrow is always better...

Just read the bit about fuel in the car, I was borderline on infringement last week, Mr deMort :oops:

Do you want to come and work on helicopters instead?? :)

jpsh120... helicopter is a BAD word around Glasgow it seems, perhaps more so relative to yesterday`s contribution by one of the fitters who worked on the machine at the enquiry into the police helio accident... :?:

jpsh120 said:
Do you want to come and work on helicopters instead?? :)

Love to as long as i don't have to fly them .. i'm scared of heights .. actually i've never even been in any aircraft in my life !

got to be interesting though but i doubt there's much fault finding like what i'm used to .. if a system fails on a car it can get towed in .. in a helicopter .. :eek:

Silly question but what voltage do they work on ?

I know 12v DC inside out but AC has always confused me .

Marty .. you were fine .. its when i get a car in with a range of 20 miles till empty that i get a bit annoyed ..

To be honest id forgotten about this post as i've been busy on others but ill revisit it over the weekend to answer a bit more when i have more time .. Luddite as usual has made some good comments i need to answer :D

Generators (main & APU) supply AC power. Main when the heads are turning, APU when heads not turning. There is an on board system that converts AC to DC and the batteries can also supply some systems with DC.

Can't believe you've never been in an aircraft!

That makes sense .. id be surprised if it was only DC .. hybrid cars use an ac/dc convertor but on a much lower scale i expect .

Im afraid im an avid follower of the comment .. if Man was made to fly .. he would have wings !

I've been on a boat before .. but only as far as France .. mind you i was 18 at the time .. a wee bit older now .

A little secret .. i don't have a photo Drivers license and i don't have a passport .. im happy to hide away in my own little corner fixing Porsches :D

They broke the mold when they made you, deMort :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back