Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Problems with Boxster bought from OPC

Happy days :thumb:

Hopefully that's the end of it.

Once you put a few hundred miles on her...you'll soon put it to the back of your mind :D

Having recently bought a 981 Boxster myself I can honestly say they are great cars (I'm on my fourth now). I'm sure you will love it in a few weeks.

I would guess at the high lift tapet solenoid .. i've seen a few on 991 .. causes a misfire at revs below 3k rpm .. lack of power basically .

Its fixed though .. enjoy and i hope you have no further problems .. Porsche do make pretty dam good cars .. it's just a shame this experience has left a sour taste .

I took the car out tonight. The car feels great. I do feel it was struggling from day one and I just didn't pick up on it soon enough. I just bought it was me, going from a 997 to a 981.
It now feels more responsive and the engine has different note to it. A kind of whistle. It felt good.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back