Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ball joint removal tool

Thanks for the info. unfortunately mine has a 19mm fork width. Hopefully i can open it out enough with a grinder.

Hi Demort,
Have you ever changed a front strut on a C4S. Just started taking it off. Everything is really tight.

It looks like you need to remove the driveshaft hub nut, do you need to remove the whole hub??

Thanks

Demort said:
Ok the snap on one i have is actually a bluepoint ..

Part number ITC001BJC , it has a jaw width of 25 mm , might have been 24 but its seen a lot of use :D

Thanks, I'll see what my local Snap On man can do.

glazey said:
Hi Demort,
Have you ever changed a front strut on a C4S. Just started taking it off. Everything is really tight.

It looks like you need to remove the driveshaft hub nut, do you need to remove the whole hub??

Thanks

If changeing the shock then you would undo the hub nut , remove all fixings other than the top stut then pull out the hub so its off the driveshaft then slide it down and off of the shock .. or just remove the whole lot in one go .. guide here for a non C4 ..

Guide does show another method although thats not the way i would do it .. far too close to the wing that way and a pain to get the suspension low enough .

https://rennlist.com/how-tos/a/porsche-997-how-to-replace-front-shocks-386604

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...gs/63-SUSPEN-Replacing_Shocks_and_Springs.htm

Had a go at removing the strut at the weekend. Unfortunately i could not undo the hub nut, tried with a small impact gun and a long bar but it is too tight.

I have given up. so the car will have to be done in the garage.

:dont know:

As a follow up:

I changed the front coffin arms on a friends car on Monday using the KS Tools 700.5610 splitter and it worked brilliantly, the jaw width is just right.

0EG5mNr.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back