Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 992S Tried & Tested

Hamster75

Nurburgring
I was loaned a 992S by Chester OPC for the day on Saturday, was during treacherous rain conditions I might add, me & my mate found out more about this car than we would normally due to the horrible storm wet conditions.

What a car, they have refined the PDK to make it lovely super smooth even in sport plus.

The car makes a basic driver seem great, compensating for errors in a millisecond, couple of times it was about to aqua plane when pressed & the cars systems even in spot plus eased & ironed it out. What a car they are fantastic. felt like a 4 wheel drive.

They are not as raw as a 991 but very addictive & sound nice + lovely to drive as a daily driver, my pal Simon had never driven a 911 & was just bowled over how good this car is :worship:

Needless to say I want one even more now, Porsche have improved them again.

Attachments

• img_1916_142.jpg
    img_1916_142.jpg
    1,024 KB · Views: 4,942
  • img_1913_350.jpg
    img_1913_350.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4,942
I'm assuming that you tried out the 'wet mode'. What difference did it make :?:

Hamster75 said:
I was loaned a 992S by Chester OPC for the day on Saturday, was during treacherous rain conditions I might add, me & my mate found out more about this car than we would normally due to the horrible storm wet conditions.

What a car, they have refined the PDK to make it lovely super smooth even in sport plus.

The car makes a basic driver seem great, compensating for errors in a millisecond, couple of times it was about to aqua plane when pressed & the cars systems even in spot plus eased & ironed it out. What a car they are fantastic. felt like a 4 wheel drive.

They are not as raw as a 991 but very addictive & sound nice + lovely to drive as a daily driver, my pal Simon had never driven a 911 & was just bowled over how good this car is :worship:

Interesting that most on here took a while to warm to the 991, the 992 seems an instant hit with most, all credit to Porsche, they seem to have pulled off the impossible. :thumb:

Nice statement on the rawness of the 991, looks like the 991 is fast becoming the new 997, and the 997 is becoming the 996 :grin:

T8 said:
I'm assuming that you tried out the 'wet mode'. What difference did it make :?:

We did try the wet mode & it tones it right down super safe, however in sport plus even in the worst conditions it still felt very sure footed as if it was a 4 wheel drive, I think to crash one of these you would have to go way too fast or be a complete pillock.

spongebob squarepants said:
Hamster75 said:

Interesting that most on here took a while to warm to the 991, the 992 seems an instant hit with most, all credit to Porsche, they seem to have pulled off the impossible. :thumb:

Nice statement on the rawness of the 991, looks like the 991 is fast becoming the new 997, and the 997 is becoming the 996 :grin:

You might well be right there as the 991.1 is a positive beast in sport plus compared to the 992 & of course the sound is nice but nothing like as nice as the 991.1 with PSE
The dealer as much as said the same when we collected the 992

I am thinking at some point there will be an enthusiast swing to the 991 when the prices make them more attainable to the masses & I think they look nicer & more traditionally Porsche too :)

Cant deny the 992 though they are lovely to drive & subtly fast / efficient at everything.

I plan on extending the warranty on my C2S in July for 2 years, after that I may go down the 992 route.
Car magazine reviewed it recently in guards red with the gold (Arun, I think) wheels and it does look awesome.
The only issue I have is the noise - I still smile when I drive mine in sport with the PSE blaring!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back