Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tuning a Boxster for the track

If you look on Ragpickers thread he had his IMS checked and a new bearing installed, I'm thinking of doing the same myself as mines been a low use car and I am a bit concerned with it going 'pop'.

You can buy out of date bucket seats for your car, having a good seat makes a massive difference when your hooning around a race circuit, my Westfield had rubbish seats and I kept sliding down under braking!

For pads you can use Pagid RS pads and keep the std discs.

Cheers, Gents!

Figured the soft top must weigh loads. Think Raggy said there's not a lot between the hardtop and the soft top. Or am I making that up? So run it as a speedster are we saying? Do you have any pics or a build thread by chance, RXB?

Out of date Buckets? As in best before? :?: Losing the unsupporting and heavy seats would be one of the first things I'd want to do. Think I've been through his Leggy thread before I ever had the idea of getting one, I'll go through again.

Could sell the original seats too presumably if I could find some decent ones. How much of the interior does one keep? Does anyone produce lightweight door cards by chance?!

'out of date' seats, means they arn't suitable for for Rally or Circuit racing. (because the MSA brought in a retarded life rule on seats and harnesses)

They are still ok to use in other motorsports, and more than perfect for a track toy.

A hard top can be made very light, just take all the interior trim off it, and replace the rear screen with polycarbonate.

www.facebook.com/AngrySpiderRacing for pics etc of my Rallycross Porsche.

Just a random thought - do I recall correctly that there is a standard parts kit for the BRSCC Boxster racing series? Think it was about £3.5k and includes everything down to a set of Toyos and I am fairly sure that nothing in it by itself would make a car road illegal...

Not done this, but thinking aloud.....
Selected gear box updates or change final drive?
Sure there must be a load of weight to save too.

@ RXB - Cheers for all your input, had a quick look at your page. Looks like a lot of fun, sad to see you've lost the flat 6 though! Not the the RS4 B5 lump I take it?!

Where do we source these OOD seats then? Presume they'd all be second hand?

@ Disco & Jonno - Some avenues worth looking at, gets the grey matter firing.

All sounds like turning a 986 into a TDC is very possible and a lot of fun, both the drive and the project.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back