Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo with coolant leak

kozzi

Nurburgring
Well took the kids out and noticed coolant on the floor in the car park of a fun park and it just kept hitting the floor for over and hour
So instead of doing my normal and driving home I called the AA and they couldn't spot the source so called a truck. Having a nice meal as we wait but I am wondering if it is a split pipe or the water pump? It is coming from quite high up and he check a couple of lower pipes for tightness and splits
Never had a car on a lorry but son is happy as he doesn't have to keep telling me I am going over 70 all the time!!

Unfortunately its probably the coolant fittings on top of the engine. Its a common problem on the 997tt, the elbows are plastic and split and fittings around the water pump can leak.

I just had mine all welded and replaced the elbows with sharkwerks metal ones.

If it is that, send me a PM and ill tell you where I got it done for a very reasonable amount.

As above likely to be the elbows, so annoying s £5 part is such a ball ache to change.

I did mine last year but couldn't warrant the expense for the sharkwerks ones when the original ones had done 75k. It's not a difficult job but is time consuming. Quite a few little coolant hoses worth doing whilst in there as the whole inlet manifold has to come off.

Depending on where you are based I know someone who would be happy to do them.

Thanks for the replies. I am In Suffolk and will get my indi to do it I reckon. Need to go in for aircon rads and turbo hoses and GT2rs inter oilers anyway.
Many thanks

Agree with the above. I had this problem. Engine out job and now £2k lighter. Sorry.

drabux said:
Agree with the above. I had this problem. Engine out job and now £2k lighter. Sorry.

£2000!!! What else did you have done whilst they were in there?

By the time the engine has been out and back in again the labour clocks up. Ican believe the £2k figure.

MC

It really doesn't take very long to take the engine out of a 911, probably the most fiddly job of swapping the elbows is stripping the bits off around the inlet. At £2000 you must be paying about £100 labour?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back