Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rusted Exhaust Bolts

Hamster75

Nurburgring
Does anybody know if there's an aftermarket company who sells exhaust bolt replacement kits for 991.1 either in stainless or standard mild steel.
or is it OPC kit needed.
Mine are starting to corrode & I thought I would replace them before they get knackered.

Thefinn said:
It might be worth dropping these guys a mail as they do them for all of the older models so if the 991 is having the same issue then they might start doing them. They might even be the same size as some of the others already which someone might confirm.

http://www.porschetistuds.co.uk

Thank you I will give them a call

The rusty exhaust nuts and bolts on my 997 were replaced by the previous owner by OPC under warranty.

Don't bother with Titanium, it's just a gimic. Stainless Steel is the way to go.

Although knowing Porsche, SS will probably void your warranty :grin:

Thanks Guys,
they are starting to rust & I thought I would change them as I will probably have the car for a few years, I might try the OPC warranty when its in for service in July or just change them myself for original Porsche ones & look after them.

kan300 said:
The rusty exhaust nuts and bolts on my 997 were replaced by the previous owner by OPC under warranty.

Warranty?.......I paid £600 for my 997 bolts a couple of years back, as exhausts are not covered by a warranty :?:

is it the exhaust flange fixings that your going to replace?
if so I supply OPC Exeter with stainless steel nuts and bolts,
the nuts are aerotight? lock nuts which have a metal rather than nylon lock washer,
im sure Exeter will sell you a set as I have to buy the nuts with a minimum order of 100

mark pearce said:
is it the exhaust flange fixings that your going to replace?
if so I supply OPC Exeter with stainless steel nuts and bolts,
the nuts are aerotight? lock nuts which have a metal rather than nylon lock washer,
im sure Exeter will sell you a set as I have to buy the nuts with a minimum order of 100

Yes it is those

Rhodris-dad said:
kan300 said:

Warranty?.......I paid £600 for my 997 bolts a couple of years back, as exhausts are not covered by a warranty :?:

Just checked - exhaust clamps & bolts were changed free on my old 997 under warranty in June 2017 - 26000 miles. This was done by the previous owner.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back