Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 vs 991.2....Best residual?

ragpicker said:
I was in my local OPC yesterday, they had a 991 GTS inside, brand new with the finance example on the window. The monthly payment was listed as £340. Intrigued I had a closer look as it sounded too good to be true..

The deal was £59k deposit, 36 payments of £340 and then a balloon of £61k, max 8k miles pa.

I nearly laughed stupidly. Someone must buy these cars like this. How much will a 991 GTS be worth to the OPC in 3 years (not private sale value)? £70-80k?

So you put £60k down, spend £12-13k in payments over the term (call it £75k for ease of reckoning) and for your £75k investment they will take your car off you and give you £10k back (70 (value of car) - 60 (balloon)).

Am I missing something because this seems like abysmal value for money..

:dont know:

This is never going to be about long term ownership for the person that takes this up - because it makes little financial sense to do so. This is specifically targeted at the individual who has had an amazing one off bonus or retired and wants to say "yeah I've had a Porsche - been there - done that". Then go back to something more mundane.

Each to their own - but I'm amazed at how many are bought on what seem like ludicrous finance deals with nuts APR's!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back