Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

anyone fitted a forward facing child seat in the rear?

Sean-f

New car coming soon and would like to be able to occasionally have the wife and baby with me so need a forward facing child seat in the back I have read a few bits and pieces but nothing definitive so looking to see of anyone has experience of this have you removed the rear seat to get a better fit etc..., I know they come in some pretty gaudy colours but I'm not to bothered about that I have someone lined up who can re-trim in Porsche leather so any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Child Seats can fit

the Maxi Cosi brand of Group 1 and 2 seats fits in the back of the 997

Worth removing the rear seat base pad to create a bit more space

I have a pair of halfords 123 essential car seats in the back of my 997.1 I removed the entire rear seats just to give a bit more room. They fit a treat and are suitable for children 9 months up to something like 12 years old. Also cost me less than £40 each. Prior to that we had the Maxi Cosi Pebble car seat when the kids were babies. That fitted nicely in the back but meant the front passenger had very little leg room.

rabbitstew said:
I have a pair of halfords 123 essential car seats in the back of my 997.1 I removed the entire rear seats just to give a bit more room. They fit a treat and are suitable for children 9 months up to something like 12 years old. Also cost me less than £40 each. Prior to that we had the Maxi Cosi Pebble car seat when the kids were babies. That fitted nicely in the back but meant the front passenger had very little leg room.

I too have the Halfords Essential 123 seat in the 997. This also just about squeezed into my old 993. The slimmest seat around I reckon. Definitely worth removing the seat pad and back rest for more compliant fitting :thumb:

MattyR said:
rabbitstew said:

I too have the Halfords Essential 123 seat in the 997. This also just about squeezed into my old 993. The slimmest seat around I reckon. Definitely worth removing the seat pad and back rest for more compliant fitting :thumb:

I also recently added the Halfords essential 123 seat to the back of my 996. I expect the rear sizes are basically the same on the 996/7.

I found it best when I removed the seat back, but left the velcro seat base in, which left a better flat base for the seat. Removing the seat backs is pretty easy.

Sorry to jump in on this but has anyone fitted a child seat for a 1 year old into a 997 convertible as my car hardly gets any use at the moment because i cant get the little man in with me, so we all have to use the daily instead and the 997 just sits at home unless i go out on my own.

I tried a Britax Romer but this seemed to wide to fit

Thefinn said:
Sorry to jump in on this but has anyone fitted a child seat for a 1 year old into a 997 convertible as my car hardly gets any use at the moment because i cant get the little man in with me, so we all have to use the daily instead and the 997 just sits at home unless i go out on my own.

Does the cab have less room in the rear than the coupe?

It's trickier with the smaller ones. As I understand it (though even though I have two under 4s I probably don't understand it), a child must be rear facing until they are 15m or 9KG. I suppose at 12m the 9KG weight could be achieved.

Anyway, we have a 3.5y in a Halfords essential 123 which is perfect fit, and we still use the group 0 Cybex Aton Q seat for the boy, who is 11m. I put it in rear facing (using the belt as it's a 996 so no isofix).

My wife still has reasonable leg room in the front with the rear facing seat behind her. One important thing here though is that I removed both seat backs from the rear seats. I kept the bases in.

heed said:
Thefinn said:

Does the cab have less room in the rear than the coupe?

It's trickier with the smaller ones. As I understand it (though even though I have two under 4s I probably don't understand it), a child must be rear facing until they are 15m or 9KG. I suppose at 12m the 9KG weight could be achieved.

Anyway, we have a 3.5y in a Halfords essential 123 which is perfect fit, and we still use the group 0 Cybex Aton Q seat for the boy, who is 11m. I put it in rear facing (using the belt as it's a 996 so no isofix).

My wife still has reasonable leg room in the front with the rear facing seat behind her. One important thing here though is that I removed both seat backs from the rear seats. I kept the bases in.

Thanks for the reply and yes i think that cab has even less room than the coupe especially on the back of the seat (i am sure it slopes forward) so i will defiantly be removing the seat back. You are also right about them having to be rear facing so this will complicate things even more especially as when we changed up Mrs Finn gave our Maxi Cosi Pebble to the in-laws as they help out out one day a week so i cant use that. I might just have to wait until he hits 15 months and buy a seat that he can face forward in, unfortunately if i do this the car is still going to be sat most of the time over the summer. I might just pop down the shops now to give it a run.

Other more expensive option is to get the optional passenger airbag disabling device fitted by the OPC, last I heard it was about £800-850 though :eek:

Thank you I am looking into these right now,
late reply daughter broke my MBP last night :sad:

rabbitstew said:

is this the right one?

https://www.halfords.com/kids-zone/...alfords-essentials-group-1-2-3-child-car-seat

also how do you remove the whole rear seat?

thanks

917k said:
Speak to Stuart Quick at Quick Fit (no not them :))

https://www.quickfitsbs.com/

Industry expert and 911 owner

Anything to do with belts or child seats he is the man

I will be calling him in the morning,

thank you

Sean-f said:
917k said:
Speak to Stuart Quick at Quick Fit (no not them :))

https://www.quickfitsbs.com/

Industry expert and 911 owner

Anything to do with belts or child seats he is the man

I will be calling him in the morning,

thank you

***** office closed guess he dose not work weekends

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo