Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Had to return my car

huwcymro

I am afraid my new 992 has had to be returned to Porsche with an engine start failure and reduce speed driving. the fault has been diagnosed with a engine fly wheel sensor fault. I don't know how long it will be before the part arrives. I have only had a car a week and only 100 miles.

huwcymro said:
I am afraid my new 992 has had to be returned to Porsche with an engine start failure and reduce speed driving. the fault has been diagnosed with a engine fly wheel sensor fault. I don't know how long it will be before the part arrives. I have only had a car a week and only 100 miles.

Sorry to hear it. Hopefully they sort it for you quickly. :thumb:

damn huwcymro

hopefully its just a sensor issue

which OPC is sorting this for you

Nightmare, feel for you.
Mine was back in for 2 days with a faulty rad pipe connection and that was bad enough! Hope they get it sorted ASAP for you.

It will be interesting if mine is the only 992 that has experienced this problem. Apparently there has been a change in the part number for this sensor, and a bulletin notice served from Porsche Germany regarding the change.

Hope it gets sorted quick and you can enjoy your new purchase :thumb:

What sort of car have they loaned you while your is in getting repaired?

Suppose it's the gamble of early cars in the start of the production run.

I've done another couple of hundred miles in mine today... so far no issues.

Not ideal but could be worse.

Remember all those 991 GT3 engines and now GT4 strut towers.

Good luck for a quick fix though. You may get a free service out of it if you whinge a bit. :thumb:

back on the road

I am glad to say, the part has arrived from Germany and fitted. The car is now back on the road. happy chappie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back