Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust opinions

jond58

I know that this has the potential to be a 'what oil' type of question but hopefully I can narrow the parameters down so it's not!
So I currently have two very rusted manifolds, I've no idea how they aren't blowing because rather than removing them I'll just sweep them off!! 200cell top gear pipes and dansk boxes, one has a tiny hole where the tailpipe has rubbed and I'm fairly sure the other may also have a very small split.
So.....I'm obviously retaining the 200cell, planning on using toyosport manifolds but I've no idea what to go for with back boxes. As rubbish as the dansk ones are they seem to give a sense of occasion/theatre without too much. The topgear standard ones 'seem' quiet and the other ones 'seem' loud but that's only from YouTube clips?! Eurocupgt? I don't want to go to a bit of expensive and a fair amount of work to turn the key and be a bit disappointed. Any opinions?

Topgear switchable? Sounds good closed definitely sounds like a occasion open!

Europipe .

The quality of the welds are fantastic.

Sorry, should have given some car details. It's an early 3.4. I guess like Goldilocks I don't want too quiet and not too loud but there must be a just right!!

I've just put the spyder valvetronic on, with standard cats.. showroom quiet when closed, good enough for the funeral test.. rorty snorty when open.. definitely loud and sounds ace when on full load.. deffo recommend

Not sure if Ken at 9e still does their switchable 9e exhaust with 100 cel. It's awesome. :thumbs:

With 200 cell cats I would certainly go for a switchable option, I have PSE and 200cells, it's possibly a bit much on valves open, i wouldn't want it all the time,, it's fine valves closed, the spyder switchable would be my choice if my PSE boxes die

Without sounding foolish! How is it switched, baring in mind I don't have pse at the moment.

Hi Jon

If you have PSE the switch can be wired up to the PSE switch. If not then it is switched on/off by a key fob provided.

I would assume that the installer could wire it up to a dashboard switch when fitting.

Paul

Hi

just had my Dansk sport silencer flex is replaced by top gear in Bridport for
£180.00

Now ready to refit with 200cell 63mm x pipe and cheap manifolds from ebay

The idea of a repair did cross my mind!! I'm a bit of a magpie though in that I like new and shiny!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back