Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front suspension issue

Wh1t3Kn1ght

Montreal
Hi Folks,

Since purchasing my 996 I've noticed that the front end has a tendency to wander and feel a bit sloppy this is also accompanied periodically with a clunk which appears to be coming from the struts.

Both front struts have been replaced around 12 months ago but I don't see any indication that the strut top bearings were replaced at the same time. Is it likely that these are the culprit of my issue?

I've already purchased some CTE control arms from carparts4less as I also have no history for replacement of these (both the tuning fork and coffin arms). I've also got the drop links which were a steal at £35 for the pair.

I'm concentrating my efforts on the 944 currently but I will get the front end up on the jack stands and do the standard checks holding the wheel to see if I can work out what has play.

Thanks!

Also worth checking both your inner and outer track rod ends for play. Also what are the tyres like?

Thanks Ian,

Tie rod ends look to be in good condition (no torn boots) but will check the play in them when I get it up in the air. There is little to no play from the steering wheel with the wheels on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back