Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Petrol Smell in the Cabin

segart

I braked fairly firmly the other day and noticed an immediate smell of petrol in the cabin (997.2 C2S). This has persisted. It is only noticeable when the car is running and moving. Any ideas or obvious causes? No visible leaks as far as I can see.
Cheers
Rick

rick, you shouldnt get any petrol fumes inside the car

get this car to a garage asap so that they can investigate

Indeed and its booked in at opc first thing tomorrow. Will advise on outcome.
Cheers rick

I had this once on my 996 turbo, it was the seal on the filler cap. New filler cap from OPC and all was fine. Probably the cheapest thing to ever go wrong on the car.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I had this once on my 996 turbo, it was the seal on the filler cap. New filler cap from OPC and all was fine. Probably the cheapest thing to ever go wrong on the car.

MC

+1

This happened on my 997 Turbo. OPC replaced filler cap. The seal perishes after a while and the fumes bellow through the over spill drain and smell flows into the cabin

New filler cap - the seal degrades over time. Had exactly the same issue with mine

Same as above- seal on filler cap

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back