Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre pressures for newbie

Humberjules

I've just taken delivery of a black 2.9 987 gen 2 with pdk and I am amazed at just how different it is to my old 2006 2.7.
I'm used to running on 29 front 35 rear with the old 987 however the door label reads 30 front, 31 rear in the gen 2 car? This is with identical tyre sizes:
18 inch 235/40 front 265/40 rear: any thoughts or suggestions, I have a slight leaning towards a comfortable ride in my old age :D

You can drop the tyre pressure by 3 psi if you wish .

For me its more about the make of tyre .. if you have bridgestone tyres then they have a very stiff sidewall and dropping the pressures a bit won't help much .. i think Michelin or Pirelli would be better with Michelin pilot sport being the best imho .

Thanks for this, dropping by 3 psi seems to be an excellent compromise for me, just returned from a rewarding 20 mile run and there is definitely an improvement in ride comfort😎
The car currently has Michelin's on the rear and Contis up front, I too am a Michelin fan,
Thanks for you help

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back