Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Damn! That's quite the wait!

I'm planning to run the car as is for six months or so once I collect it from the builder before I start on suspension / bodywork etc., so will take a serious look then.

I'm already about £5k over my (already stupid) budget so not sure the bank manager would approve of more mods at his point :grin:

:thumb: :bandit:

T8 said:
Despite being a long term advocate of keeping my 911s as Porsche made them, influenced by such universal acclaim, I couldn't resist the temptation and had mine fitted yesterday.

After jumping in and driving the car my immediate delight was somewhat subdued. The ride definitely seemed a little more supple but perhaps not quite as significantly improved as I had hoped it would be.

Everything changed when I left the rutted and off cambered lanes that my Indy is based on and joined the smoother, but still B roads, that I do most of my local driving on. It only took a mile or so for the smile to grow on my face as I realised just how much different the car now felt.

For the first few miles I revelled in the noticeable extra comfort before testing the car in 'Sport', something that in 3 years I've rarely bothered to do in my home county.

The result was a revelation. Recently I've been lucky enough to drive my local roads in several different newer cars, most notably a Cayman 718S, and had come to realise just how 'old' my 11 year old motor had become. Unbelievably this little cream box of tricks seems to have knocked years off the feel of my car and made it a whole new joy to drive.

Mine was taken off last autumn and I've done 1200 miles without it in the last month or so. Today after a spirited cross country drive I had it refitted (thanks askgeez. :thumb:) before driving home on the same roads.

The difference is just so noticeable. Every corner of the car feels like it's got a brain of its own making acceleration, braking and handling so much smoother, especially in 'Sports' mode.

I have had one of these for a month now, and as the guy in the youtube video says. don't even think about it, just do it.
J

easternjets said:
I will have a DSC Module available in the next few weeks.

Ah yes.... and why is that ??

Change in the air ?

Don't be going darkside now !!

T

Hi T, well I was going to put the car in on a SOR basis but after buying a S/Hand 986 boxster and driving it for a few hundred miles and then getting into the Turbo I quickly changed my mind!

Second hand boxsters are great value for money but they're not a Turbo. So the boxster is now a run about for the summer and keeping the miles off the 997.

Very very nearly traded the turbo in for an AMG GT but whilst I loved the car again it lacked that special something and would probably be worth £20k less now!

easternjets said:
Hi T, well I was going to put the car in on a SOR basis but after buying a S/Hand 986 boxster and driving it for a few hundred miles and then getting into the Turbo I quickly changed my mind!

Second hand boxsters are great value for money but they're not a Turbo. So the boxster is now a run about for the summer and keeping the miles off the 997.

Very very nearly traded the turbo in for an AMG GT but whilst I loved the car again it lacked that special something and would probably be worth £20k less now!

H Nick,

I thought that's what might have been in mind , and I know the feeling.... I was also thinking about a GT but each time I start looking , I get back home , get the turbo out and a short or long drive later , the brain is reset and im in love with it all over again ....there isn't anywhere else to go after this ... was thinking about a 991 GTS ... but maybe in the future.....

TBH , I have really enjoyed the DSC module effect on the turbo , really settled it down and does make a difference .... surprised that Porsche don't go this route !

Hope things are going well with you .... remember , give me a shout if you are coming OOP North ....

T

Yes I've had lots of people message me about the modules and I keep telling them 'just get one' it's the best upgrade you can do for a grand and it's easily reversible in literally 2 minutes.

The best way to describe it is by the fact that I can drive around all day with mine in Sport mode, try doing that in the std set up.

Will be up in a month or so, see you then if your about.

easternjets said:
The best way to describe it is by the fact that I can drive around all day with mine in Sport mode, try doing that in the std set up.

I was driving mine today and i had to look down to double check if the car was in sports mode, where as before the DSC the teeth rattling out of my mouth would be a clear indication.

If you are thinking of getting one stop now and just buy one they are worth the money all day long and even if you sell your car you will be able to move it on double quick with most of your investment returned.

Thefinn said:
easternjets said:

I was driving mine today and i had to look down to double check if the car was in sports mode, where as before the DSC the teeth rattling out of my mouth would be a clear indication.

If you are thinking of getting one stop now and just buy one they are worth the money all day long and even if you sell your car you will be able to move it on double quick with most of your investment returned.

:thumb:

New member here :bye:

Just bought DSC for GT4 and 991.2 3.8 GT3RS, can't wait :puh:

HKFEVER said:
New member here :bye:

Just bought DSC for GT4 and 991.2 3.8 GT3RS, can't wait :puh:

you won't be disappointed , as others have said Porsche missed a big trick not using this themselves. :thumb:

drmark said:
pcat said:
Anyone interested in a repeat group buy?

Considering this, so interested yes.

1. drmark
2. pcat
3. rfrize

Anyone else?

Currently showing at these prices on nineexcellence.com

V1 £1,074 inc VAT
V3 £1,194
Accel £300

@ken Minimum numbers for a discount and how much?

drmark wrote:
pcat wrote:
Anyone interested in a repeat group buy?

Considering this, so interested yes.

1. drmark
2. pcat
3. rfrize
4. simonk

Anyone else?

Currently showing at these prices on nineexcellence.com

V1 £1,074 inc VAT
V3 £1,194
Accel £300

@ken Minimum numbers for a discount and how much?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back