Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Cooler Replacement

Has anyone replaced their oil cooler?, I've noticed a few spots of oil on the garage floor, I've checked the hoses and they look fine so I can only guess the leak is coming from the core.

The Porsche cooler is expensive, there's an alternative NRF unit, has anybody had experience with this?, how was the fit?, any other issues?.

Any help appreciated,

Trev

Hi Trev

I replaced mine in 2016 after 105k miles with a NRF cooler from Euro Car Parts at a cost of £297 inc Vat.

It has done 10k miles since.

I note todays price from ECP is £580.49 - but I have never paid their web site price yet!

The replacement is quite easy but beware 25 year old corrosions on fittings. I also recall needing some rubber bonded buffers (999 703 323 00).

But, by reputation, you know your way around a toolbox and an old car.

Kat1 said:
Hi Trev

I replaced mine in 2016 after 105k miles with a NRF cooler from Euro Car Parts at a cost of £297 inc Vat.

It has done 10k miles since.

I note todays price from ECP is £580.49 - but I have never paid their web site price yet!

The replacement is quite easy but beware 25 year old corrosions on fittings. I also recall needing some rubber bonded buffers (999 703 323 00).

But, by reputation, you know your way around a toolbox and an old car.

Hi mate, thanks for that, carparts for less have an offer on at 18% discount which takes the NRF unit down to £237.98 at the moment.

Trev

There is an aluminium washer under the temp switch that corrodes and leaks. Could well be the culprit.

My experience of NRF products for air conditioning has been good, and I have no reason to suspect their oil coolers would be any different.

Hi Trev,

As you say the oil leak is at the front, it couldn't be the stearing rack could it? I've had mine rebuilt twice in the life of the car. Just a thought.

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back