Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What could be the cause of hesitation when accelerating?

Is there no end to your talents !!

37 years as a mechanic .. i only learned about correct spray patterns and how to identify problems on injector spray patterns a year ago ..

The equipment we use is a dam site higher tech than a 9v battery but i know the end results will be the same ... if you can identify the pattern as being correct then you are sorted .. took me a while i can tell you .

I do sometimes wonder why i answer your posts .. if you don't know the answer then you always figure it out .. seriously impressed from what you have posted since i've been here ... seriously ...

Whatever job you do .. you are wasted there .

Link here gives a fair description ..

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/spray.htm

We test at 40 psi as its easy to get a good patten if you crank up the pressure but that's going beyond what the car does so you get a false result .

I have said this a few times after changing things only for it to still have some other small fault and not being 100% but it's running better today, I changed the fuel pump back to my original one and it's back to its old self (so far) and it's very free revving right around the range, I've not driven it like this since Autumn last year when I was having tank issues so it seemed ballistic on today's drive. The M96 is such a great engine when you get it on song.

Fuel pump sounds like the issue .. perhaps the work is done and you can enjoy the car fault free for a while :)

Hopefully longer than a while as you have had your share of issues recently .

deMort said:
Fuel pump sounds like the issue .. perhaps the work is done and you can enjoy the car fault free for a while :)

Hopefully longer than a while as you have had your share of issues recently .

I hope I have a Summer free from faults but the chances are slim, I still can't get my head around the Alternator regulator curing the low down hesitation :?

I now have new injector seals so I will also get them cleaned and check the spray pattern at some point :thumb:

My electrician mate (Dave with the rock n roll hair do) swears many engine running problems are caused by poor battery performance :dont know:

On another note - I noticed a while ago doing my daily commute that everytime a cross a certain point on the A59 my car leaps into action. It got so repeatable I could set my watch by it. After a couple of weeks of me noticing it (you know what its like when something doesn't feel right, your awareness to it is heightened) I really started to thing about what it was that suddenly made my car leap forward at the same point, same time everyday.

...........it was my secondary air unit switching off. All of a sudden, the cat sensors see a change, runs the car more lean and the car performs better.

Alex said:
My electrician mate (Dave with the rock n roll hair do) swears many engine running problems are caused by poor battery performance :dont know:

I did actually wonder if the voltage surging had damaged the pump but I also can't remember if it was doing this before the hesitation or not due to having so many varied issues at the time :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back